Adding Vintage Style Fender Emblems to 2018 Silverado

Hi, new user. I'd like to add vintage style C10 Silverado emblems to my front fenders similar to what's shown in the picture below (not my truck, but the same idea).

Wondering if there is access to the backside of fender to attach the backing nuts if the wheel well liner is removed?

I tried to do a search on this topic but came up empty.

Guessing someone on here has tried this before?

Thanks

fender-emblem01.jpg

I bet those are glued on. Very few badges use the old speed nut mountings these days. Heck, they use glue now instead of welding to  put the vehicles together.

What I have done before is pick up some 3M emblem tape. If there are nubs on the back of emblem, cut/grind them off. Take the emblem tape and remove the red tape from one side and then completely cover back side of emblem. Use an exacto knife to cut off the excess around edges and inside any openings on emblem if it's not solid. Take some rubbing alcohol and completely clean the spot you are putting the emblem on to. Make sure the area gets dried, take off the other side of emblem tape and then push emblem on and firmly push on the entire emblem. If done right, it will stay forever.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thought about the double sided tape but there really isn't much surface area to stick to on the

backside of the emblems that I bought.

1711076097100770265932161074966.thumb.jpg.b79070aa60286e01384a4777b0a86af0.jpg

Edited by timjz