BCGM Truck Purchased

So it finally came together fellas ! It was touch and go right to the later part of the day if we were going to make the 4 hour trip up province we were going to look and test drive trucks and possibly purchase one . Locally there was not a huge inventory in what we wanted to purchase in a truck so no point in test driving one . I think they were mostly diesels or single cabs or it was always something  . We had been in touch with the dealer hours away and they had ones in transit but could not pin point actually delivery day , then low and behold the day we were going to decline they messaged to say they had several 2500 HD's that just came on the lot . Okay were going !

We arrive the night before grab some dinner and hit the sack . Had a heck of time sleeping probably wound from the drive etc. 

Finally get to sleep then up at 8:00 AM for the 10:00 AM appointment with the salesman Steve 

We get to the lot and the one truck we were really interested in is on there overflow lot a few minutes away so the salesman gets on the phone and asks them to bring it over but it might take a bit to get there as they have to juggle trucks around . So the salesman says I know its not the exact trim level you were interested in but there' a Z71 here why don' t you take that for spin. Hmmm its I think $3000.00 K more so off we go . It drives real nice looks great and we are gone for about an hour . We get back and the salesman asks how do you like it ? Great we say its real nice ride . Is the other one here now ,Yes . So off we go for another hour long drive . Back at the lot the same question, How did you like it ?    Real nice we say ! Cant really say the Z71 is any better .

So now its time to get down to brass tacks , What are we looking at everything in, and out the door price . Oh and could you run the VIN and check everything out for SSB reaclls etc. 

Comes back all good ,so we now start the numbers game . They have an event with Chevrolet Canada on at the time ,free food etc. We grab some food and then the Sales manager comes back with some numbers . My wife says the number is  too high . Hmmm what were you guys  hoping to see . My wife says how about this much off . Hmmm not sure I can do that but will see . He comes back about a half hour later with new number . My wife says no that's  not really what we would like  to see . Oh Hmmm , what is it going to take to get this deal done ? Well lets get back to the original what we would like to see . 15 minutes later our salesman comes back not the sales ,manager with a new offer . We look at the offer and say that looks better will take it !

Couple of handshakes and its ours ,

So we purchased a 2024 2500 HD Custom Trim Level 6.6 gas engine Crew Cab in Slate Grey Metallic . We both really like it . It drove nice on the way home and no issues . I have read reports that some think the seats are not comfortable but we both took turns driving and we found the seats to be comfortable . 

So now we hope it will be problem free for a long time !

Thanks so much fellas for all of your replies to all of my questions !!!!

Should add that the computer said we averaged 14.5 MPG that's with 2 hours of city traffic and some idling the rest highway driving

Edited by BCGM
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, BCGM said:

So it finally came together fellas ! It was touch and go right to the later part of the day if we were going to make the 4 hour trip up province we were going to look and test drive trucks and possibly purchase one . Locally there was not a huge inventory in what we wanted to purchase in a truck so no point in test driving one . I think they were mostly diesels or single cabs or it was always something  . We had been in touch with the dealer hours away and they had ones in transit but could not pin point actually delivery day , then low and behold the day we were going to decline they messaged to say they had several 2500 HD's that just came on the lot . Okay were going !

We arrive the night before grab some dinner and hit the sack . Had a heck of time sleeping probably wound from the drive etc. 

Finally get to sleep then up at 8:00 AM for the 10:00 AM appointment with the salesman Steve 

We get to the lot and the one truck we were really interested in is on there overflow lot a few minutes away so the salesman gets on the phone and asks them to bring it over but it might take a bit to get there as they have to juggle trucks around . So the salesman says I know its not the exact trim level you were interested in but there' a Z71 here why don' t you take that for spin. Hmmm its I think $3000.00 K more so off we go . It drives real nice looks great and we are gone for about an hour . We get back and the salesman asks how do you like it ? Great we say its real nice ride . Is the other one here now ,Yes . So off we go for another hour long drive . Back at the lot the same question, How did you like it ?    Real nice we say ! Cant really say the Z71 is any better .

So now its time to get down to brass tacks , What are we looking at everything in, and out the door price . Oh and could you run the VIN and check everything out for SSB reaclls etc. 

Comes back all good ,so we now start the numbers game . They have an event with Chevrolet Canada on at the time ,free food etc. We grab some food and then the Sales manager comes back with some numbers . My wife says the number is  too high . Hmmm what were you guys  hoping to see . My wife says how about this much off . Hmmm not sure I can do that but will see . He comes back about a half hour later with new number . My wife says no that's  not really what we would like  to see . Oh Hmmm , what is it going to take to get this deal done ? Well lets get back to the original what we would like to see . 15 minutes later our salesman comes back not the sales ,manager with a new offer . We look at the offer and say that looks better will take it !

So we purchased a 2024 2500 HD Custom Trim Level 6.6 gas engine Crew Cab in Slate Grey Metallic . We both really like it . It drove nice on the way home and no issues . I have read reports that some think the seats are not comfortable but we both took turns driving and we found the seats to be comfortable . 

Glad you finally found a truck you like. Congrats. Post a pic

2 hours ago, Pryme said:

Very. You just click the add files button below the post window where you type your message and choose photos from your phone

Thanks Pryme

6 hours ago, BCGM said:

Should add that the computer said we averaged 14.5 MPG that's with 2 hours of city traffic and some idling the rest highway driving 

Congrats, that Slate Gray is a beautiful color. Looking forward to those pics!

Posted (edited)

congratulations, and yes that color is beautiful....Z71 and non are tough to tell a difference in ride

the gas will get a lil better after its broken in but still its a HD so it is what it is

you got some chevy points so you can use towards the wheel liners if you want the carpet OEM ones, Husky ones work too.....mine came standard on the truck

Edited by Dunn

11 hours ago, BCGM said:

Did any of you fellas put aftermarket wheel well liners in  ? I'm thinking Husky brand ?

Thanks 

I have been told that the fitment on the GM liners is better and the install is easier. My son added them to his Custom 2022. 

If your going to add them I would suggest dry fitting them and then spraying the wheelhouse with Fluid film or similar before you install them. Its not mandatory but in the North its never a bad idea to rustproof. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 64BAwagon said:

I have been told that the fitment on the GM liners is better and the install is easier. My son added them to his Custom 2022. 

If your going to add them I would suggest dry fitting them and then spraying the wheelhouse with Fluid film or similar before you install them. Its not mandatory but in the North its never a bad idea to rustproof. 

Yeah my truck came with the fronts from gm but the rears were not available so I got the huskys. I had to return the first set because they were cut wrong on one side. The other side was perfect. Then the new set came and again one was good and one(the opposite side) was crap so I ended up using one from each set and returned the bad set. Husky customer service was excellent though and even gave me more off for the trouble. 
I do like that the huskys cover the frame rail completely so when you look into the wheel well you can’t even see the rail. I’d like to think it protects them from road grime better. 

Thanks for your replies fellas ! I thought I did a fair bit of research before buying this truck by asking questions on this great  site and You Tube and other sources . But finding little things as I go along . I noticed behind the front grill they have those articulating louvers that help with warming the engine up in cold weather ?  I want to do all I can to  to keep this truck problem free so will follow recommend servicing etc.  was thinking of getting a Protection Film put on the front end of the truck as they say the paint is not that tough .Was thinking of cutting the recommended first oil change in half to rid the oil of break in debris . If you fellas care to share any tips i would greatly appreciate it !

Thank you !

Since you asked.

The paint is very similar to earlier models, no worse in my opinion. I will say that the film is a good idea although kinda pricey. 

The first oil change I usually do before 1000 miles. Does your dealer give you a free oil change ? That would be the time to use that one. If you got a L8T gas engine it will take 8 qts of 5W30 Dexos1 Gen3 oil and a PF63 AC filter, or 10575 Fram for example. If you have the dealer do it ask them to make sure they grease the front suspension fittings and check the fluid level in both diffs (mine was almost a full qt low in the rear, do a search for the discussion) 

Enjoy. 

8 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Since you asked.

The paint is very similar to earlier models, no worse in my opinion. I will say that the film is a good idea although kinda pricey. 

The first oil change I usually do before 1000 miles. Does your dealer give you a free oil change ? That would be the time to use that one. If you got a L8T gas engine it will take 8 qts of 5W30 Dexos1 Gen3 oil and a PF63 AC filter, or 10575 Fram for example. If you have the dealer do it ask them to make sure they grease the front suspension fittings and check the fluid level in both diffs (mine was almost a full qt low in the rear, do a search for the discussion) 

Enjoy. 

Thank you 64BAWagon ! Before we drove it home off the lot I got then to check the rear diff to make sure it was topped up not sure if they did the front but will have them check again with oil change 

• Like 1

Have any of you fellas put seat covers on the front seats of your 2024 2500 HD Custom  .  I have the split bench seat cloth seats ,so not sure how that would work . what type did you buy and how is the fit