HF Franklin Step Stool

I bought a Franklin folding step stool Harbor Freight shortly after buying my truck. At 6' 2", I can check the oil without it but use it to get stuff out of the side doors on the ARE cap in certain conditions, depending on terrain. I can't reach the top of the hood to close it but usually just grab the latch piece. HF had the step stool on sale this weekend for $6.99, usually $8.49. I picked up two, one for in the garage and the other one for the other side of the truck bed. I like having spare stuff. Step stool is a little over 8" and holds 300 lbs.

This past week I picked up a set of GM wheels at a tire/wheel/offroad type of shop in southern VT while I was at my camp chasing turkeys. Found that the slope behind my truck where I parked was enough that I needed the step stool to reach the Multi-Pro tailgate step. 

Franklin step stool.jpg

Step stool and truck.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That seems like a great step to have ! I will need something like that bas well as I'm shorter than yourself at 5'10 . 

Posted (edited)

I have one of those I found in a campground. I rarely use it except for emergency. Small enough to keep in the truck but they are too flimsy for regular use.

I use one of these instead when working on the truck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QQ4DNQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by bruceb58
  • Like 1