GM Customer Service postings

So from time to time we all see GM Customer Service post on a thread that they are disappointed that someone is having trouble with their truck and to reach out to them for further assistance.

Has anyone ever received real help on an issue by reaching out to the GM Customer Service account after they showed up in a thread? 

I'm pretty sure they just reach out to your dealer and set up an appointment. Any escalation probably happens through the dealer. Someone correct me if they've had a different experience.

2 hours ago, BuckWallace said:

I'm pretty sure they just reach out to your dealer and set up an appointment. Any escalation probably happens through the dealer. Someone correct me if they've had a different experience.

Yup. No real help whatsoever via that email contact in my experience.  I find it comical to see an extended thread with multiple people having the same issue and then some poster uses a magic word and the GM customer service message suddenly offers help to that person, but nobody else. Someone denied it was a bot in the past but I don’t buy it.

The GM customer service telephone line people can drive something to be reconsidered by the dealer by making sure the dealer has all the relevant GM info, but that may not change the answer you get. 

In my experience the thing that most reliably brings an end to the “could not duplicate” and “we don’t know how to fix it” dispositions is the expiration of your warranty. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Another JR said:

In my experience the thing that most reliably brings an end to the “could not duplicate” and “we don’t know how to fix it” dispositions is the expiration of your warranty. 

Ain't that the truth

Neither have any real authority to do anything other than contact the dealer and tell them you are disgruntled which they likely already know. . Many of the call center people aren't even in the U.S. They are an electronic buffer to try to appease you but in the end dont really have the resources or authority to do anything real.