Transparent Camera Calibration

Posted (edited)

Installed my camera and tried to do calibration for both transparent camera and rear trailer guidance. I could not get through calibration but it was an overcast day so wondering if that is part of the problem.

Also, I do have a camper shell installed so the camera in the bed is blocked. Not sure if that makes the transparent camera mode not work.

Trailer is a 25' travel trailer bumper pull.

Edited by bruceb58

• 3 weeks later...

I had to play with mine for days, entering various measurements after trying to get it initially as accurate as possible until finally some far off combination of data calibrated. Camera's weren't 100% aligned, but it worked.  

Then the next time I used my trailer, got reset somehow and couldn't ever get it to calibrate again. The feature needs more work.  

I have a 20' enclosed car hauler and it calibrated right up while driving the first mile or so. Double check your dimensions that you enter into the screen for that trailer. Based on the screen image, I think it uses the tailgate camera, not the bed roof camera.

InvisibleTrailer.thumb.jpeg.4d014565bac8785fbb3e93f03a4043a7.jpeg

I don't know why gm had to make this hard and complicated. Why not have the camera display just the image of the trailer camera, where ever it might be? Don't see a real reason to have it integrated with the tailgate camera.

3 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I don't know why gm had to make this hard and complicated. Why not have the camera display just the image of the trailer camera, where ever it might be? Don't see a real reason to have it integrated with the tailgate camera.

That's a option as well. That's in addition to a number of views. You don't have to use invisible trailer to use the trailer camera.