Lets have a vote

Do you like it?  Yea or nea?

Put down a nea for me.  

I think it is one of the most ugly vehicles soon to be on the road.  The midgate system looks like water infiltration galore with that removable glass and such.  And if I am hauling stuff that require a pickup bed, I surely don't want it in the same passenger compartment as me.   for that thing?  I don't think so, move it on down the line.

The Avalanche is a "Niche" vehicle!!!  You love it or hate  it!!!!  I think it will serve alot of people well!!!   I'm not sure if it is for me, because I like a bed that is covered cab high!!!  That is whay I'm looking at the 1500HD crew or the 2500HD crew.

Let's face it!!!  The Avalanche offers the abillity for the truck buyer to do more than the F150 super crew!!!  An 8' sheet of plywood can easily be carried in this truck.

This vehicle is an "all purpose" vehicle that probably is designed with the suburbanite do-it-yourselfer in mind that has the 2.4 kids in mind.

I think it is a great idea!!!  And if I could put a hard cover (cab high cap on it) then it would be for me....  especially the 2500 series (for towing)!!!

I don't like all the cladding around the bottom, the grill and headlights, or that cab fairing thingy.  I do like the storage space on the top of the bed rails (reminds me of the old F*rds with storage compartments on the lower, side of the beds) and the steps molded into the corners of the rear bumper.  The midgate idea is neat, but i don't know if I'd trust it.  I've seen a few up close and have to admit, they did look a little better in person than in all the pictures I had seen of them.  It's a neat idea, but not for me.

H*LL no, a definative nea, It's even uglier than a pacer!

If all the GM trucks start to look like that I'll switch to f*#d. I was trying to find out if the rest of the trucks are going to start looking like that. I was thinking of trading my 2001 z71 for a C3 (they have three on the lot right now two black and one pewter). Good Lord the C3 is a fun truck to drive. I would rather a Chevy Silerado SS if it follows the same body.  Any Ideads of what it's going to look like. If it is going tofollow the Avalanche lines I would prefer the 2001 GMC C3!

Uh-uh-uh-uggllyy!!!!!

But (I've said this about the Aztec), sell 'em to the soccer Moms and the price will drop on the Tahoes and Subs!

Just a newbies thoughts but.....my experience with equipment that tries to be two things in one is that it usually does neither very well....I dont mind the looks so much as the price....thats what kills it for me... you could get a whole lotta pickup for the $$$

Quote: from Shaners on 12:25 am on June 10, 2001

The Avalanche is a "Niche" vehicle!!!  You love it or hate  it!!!!  I think it will serve alot of people well!!! 

I totally agree with Shaners. It may attract a new kind of truck owner but I don't see it drawing from traditional truck owners. The sticker price, I'd guess will be adjusted depending on demand for the vehicle.

LT

my vote would be i love it it is awesome. the pictures it looks great but after seeing it in person last week the thing is sweet. the only bad part about it was the ?,000 price it has wow. the badest looking truck out there. :)

I'm up in the air about it -- it's an interesting idea in the versatility that it offers, but the ?K-?K price tag is a big hinderance.  Heck it'd take me a full 6 years to pay it off and those seals around the midgate would probably be leaking by then.

After driving a 1500HD (?K, LS 4x4), I think I'll be passing on the Avalanche.  Even a loaded 2500HD will be slightly cheaper than the Avalanche, leaving me with $$ for the toys! :D

Archived