mom a new car

rascal

My mother just had a wreak, some idiot ran a red light and well totaled the 2000 little blazer. well she's retiring and doesn't want much of a car payment. she decided to go with a car instead of a SUV. BTW the blazer was impressive. neither mom nor my 7 month old got a scratch, mom was a little scared and is now sore.

I'm thinking she'll need either a full size or larger mid size to really make her happy. thats based on her past driving complaints. she's asking me what to get, I haven't looked at cars in years. whats out there and good. like a 2003 or 2004, I'm guessing with credit union financing.

I'm thinking either the Chevy Impala or both the Pontiac Grand Prix or the Grand Am.

Saturns seem to be dependable. Those that I know whom have a saturn, are happy with them, I think their butt ugly though.

If you go Buick or Caddillac, you'll probably be making a bigger payment than her Blazer was.

Hope I helped a little. Sorry to hear about the accident, definately sucks, crashes are never good. But glad to hear everybody made it out ok. :withstupid:

Alright, my mom asked me the same thing two years ago, and I went crazy investigating every car I could come across. After hours on Edmunds and Consumer-reports and probably 20 hours of test driving, we came up with the following list, in order of preference. She preferred a softer suspension, as opposed to something sporty. The Japanese 4 cyl models had the same performance for her style of driving, and offered better fuel economy compared to most of the domestics I drove that had V6's or V8's. She bought a year old Camry LE with about 20K miles... It gets ~35MPG on the highway, and has been trouble free for two years and 70K total miles.

Here's the top 5 (out of about 30) that we came up with:

1. Honda Accord -4cyl (Too stiff of a ride)

2. Toyota Camry -4cyl (What she bought)

3. Nissan Maxima - V6 (Too stiff of a ride, and too much power. lol)

4. Chevy Impala -V6 (She didn't like the interior or something, :withstupid: )

5. Ford Crown Vic -V8 (Lower Gas Mileage)

Anyways, just take her to the dealership with a couple in mind for her to drive.

Good luck! :cheers:

I laughed at mom thinking something had too much power. when she got her driver license years ago, she had to take the test in dad's old car. seems she gave a BIT to much gas and come off the clutch pedal a little to hard. she left off a little loose and a tad sideways, well she got her DL. I think mainly cause the testing officer didn't want to ride with her again. His words to dad, "if she can drive that, she can drive anything". I felt cheated in life, salesman talk dad out of it, it finished its life on a tract, instead of saving it for me.

I'm thinking a camry, the side impact is supposed to be very good in them.

The wife and I just traded in a 2003 Cavalier LS on an immaculate used 2001 Impala LS. The wife was very hesitant at first thinking it would be too big of a car. Now that she has it, she really likes it. It is a very comfortable car, plus ours has side airbags.

Archived