AARRGGHH!!

While at work last night someone apparently backed into my truck and caught the brushguard on the passenger side, toeing it in.  They didn't hit the fog light, just one of the wrap around arms, but when I looked this AM, the force caused the plastic trim, between the bottom of the grill and the bumper where the guard mounts are, to crack and break.  A piece about 10 inches long by an inch or so wide broke off!  To a casual observer, you couldn't tell unless you were standing over the bumper, looking straight down, but I am not a casual observer!  It says a lot for the quality of the brushguard to buckle under such a small impact. :angry: I have no idea who did it, (I never heard a thing) and don't see the point in filing a claim when it would probably cost as much as my deductable to have it replaced.  In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal or hardly noticeable, however annoying, and of course it could have been worse.  I'm not even sure what I should be most peeved about, the quality of the brushguard (and now that the integrity of it has been compromised) or someone's careless action and inconsiderate reaction?  A truck should have a few scars, but it would have been nice if I could point and say, "Oh, I did this when......"  I think I'll just go fishing and not sweat the small stuff.  Oh the Humanity!! :o :o :o

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. I really dislike inconsiderate people. Accidents happen but a note with a phone number, apoligy, and offer to pay for the damages would have been nice.

(Edited by Stepside Z at 10:49 pm on June 24, 2001)

If nothing else you can hope the damaged their car or truck too...  most likely they are driving a beater, and don't really care...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune...  it's hard to keep things nice!!!   I'm obsessive about my stuff too, and all that means in the long run, is that whoever buys my used trucks, vans, bikes etc... has nothing to worry about!!!

Man, I feel bad for you DigUout.  The same thing happened to me on my Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I had a Smittybilt grille guard, and some jackA$$ backed in to me and the guard just smushed in.  I was PISSED, but couldn't do anything without their information.

Your truck still looks bad a$$.  Again, sorry for the misfortune.

Well, I gave it a few days to see if someone would stop in and fess up, but so far nothing.  Thing is we were hosting a big wedding reception that night and there was a lot of drinking going on, so maybe the guilty party isn't even aware of what they did.  

Because the damage isn't noticeable from 5 feet away, I'm not gonna sweat it, but I wonder how that brushguard is going to hold up should I ever hit anything with a little speed?  Hope I don't have to find out!  Figures this would happen as soon as I finished fixing it up...Oh well, as the French say, "C'est la whatever!"

The other one I considered was the Ranchhand Front End Replacement. It's a brushguard and bumper combo and it looks like you could smack a wall at 80MPH,  and do little damage.  When I checked on the price, plus shipping to CO., it was over ?!  :o

Around here, a good brushguard can be as valuable as a good hunting rifle, and often more productive than sitting in a stand waiting and hoping.....;)

Archived