A little more power from 95' 5.7L

Looking for a bit more out of the engine. Which would you do? Is there something better to do? Thanks for your input

A) Install a Throttle body spacer, do nothing to exhaust.

B) Install throttle body spacer and a power chip. Note: Can't use programmer due to the year of truck.

C) Install throttle body spacer and new exhaust manifolds only, leave rest of system stock

D) Complete exhaust system.

Just starting to think about this whole thing so I don't know too much. Would love to have dual exhaust all the way through but how much power will that get me from the engine? Probably end up if anything, something like stock but better mufler. Note, need cat. Emissions here in Canada are different.

Thanks again.

:devil:

I have a '95 also. I would pass on the spacer completely. A cat-back will give you a little, a complete exhaust (like Banks) will give you more, and the complete exhaust with some intake mods (like Banks) will really help.

However, nothing is free, so I would change the plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil for some Accel performance pieces, add a Kand N filter and do a cat back exhaust. I have a Jet chip, and all it really does is raise the shift points. The Accel coil and a Flowmaster cat back saw the best gains for me, until I did the full Banks exhaust (very pricey).

Thanks guys for your input. I did the wires, cap, rotor and air filter change all ready.

I like the Flowmaster cat back idea. Would you go from the single cat to dual mufflers or stay with one?

Jt1872001, since you did intake enhancements, did you do anything with the exhaust side? You know what they say, more in needs more out?

Best mods I have done on the TBI is a intake system, headers/high flo cat/edelbrock cat back, Edelbrock manifold or I heard the MPFI systems from Edelbrock are really nice....same price as a complete exhaust system. My Jacobs coil is the best mod for gas mileage I have done and pick up performance too. Hopes this helps.

Archived