Help me spend $ on an intake for 05 5.3 crew

Up here in Canada I can get the aem for approx $310 or the airaid for approx $350. I dont want to start another intake war, just looking for opinions on these 2 intakes in hopes that someone has had either on a 05 5.3 motor.

But generally speaking, I'm open to any suggestions as it seems most intake kits north of the border are running around the $350 mark....with the exception of volant.

I have to disagree with ya, Cosmo :eek: !! My Volant DEFINITELY made a sotp difference. Small, not the 20hp they claim, but enough that I noticed.

Cam, if you can wait about two weeks, I'll have some stock box vs. Volant vs. aFe intake numbers for comparison.

I just got an Advanced Flow Engineering intake and it's sweet. I think it's killer piece is the aluminum venturi that necks the filters HUGE throat down to the size of the intake tube. This should increase the airflow speed and, theoretically, create a positive pressure at the t/b. If it does, the aFe maybe the first intake to actually meet the 20hp level :thumbs::D !!!

I'll post some numbers here soon...

I have the AEM Brute force and while I don't have dyno numbers, I did notice a seat of the pants improvement in acceleration as well as a very slight MPG increase.

They are a bit noisier than the stock set ups though, expecially the harder you work the right foot!!

MrQuad

ya I can wait a few weeks, heck I am only about to do the trucks first oil change. wud be curious how your comparison results make out.

I'm sure there will be many people who will benefit from those results as well

keep us posted

I got a noticable gain from my volant intake. I felt it open up a little more. But now with my transmission rebuild and 9 clutch plates instead of the stock 6 plus some corvette transmission parts....now it just zooms like speed racer or something.

Archived