I bought a new truck!

Picked up a new '05 Dmax/Ally crewcab yesterday. It's fully loaded with the "LT" package. I'm very impressed with the Dmax. However, I'm a little disappointed how they have cheapened the interior over my '01.

post-661-1111846967_thumb.jpg

Cheapened the interior?

Jeez dude, a friend of mine has an '03 1500 HD LS and his interior is nicer than that in my wife's '02 LS, to me anyway.

Oh well, congrats on the new purchase! And remember, if the fuel filtration system is the same as it has been since the inception, change it often. The easiest way I've found to get to it is by removing the battery. You'll have pretty much unobstructed access to it then.

By saying cheapened... I mean...

The back seating surface isn't all leather anymore. There are just two small strips of leather for the outside seating area and everything else is vinyl.

Where did my full overhead console go?

The rear center armrest is chincy. Just a couple of goofy looking cup-holders. They lost all the intigrated tray etc...

No lock for the center console.

Only 2 12V powere supplies instead of 3

The doors are all plastic. No cloth insert where the seat memory switches are.

No ratcheting headrests on the front buckets.

Don't get me wrong... the truck is beautiful and I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it. I just don't understand why GM cut these corners.

And remember, if the fuel filtration system is the same as it has been since the inception, change it often. The easiest way I've found to get to it is by removing the battery. You'll have pretty much unobstructed access to it then.

I don't know much about diesel maintenance. I do know there is something in the DIC that says fuel filter life... ?

I don't know much about diesel maintenance.  I do know there is something in the DIC that says fuel filter life... ?

Don't go by that thing, change it about every 7500 miles or every 6 months. The filtration system on these things sucks to say the least so the more you change it the fewer headaches you'll have later on down the road.

By saying cheapened...  I mean...

The back seating surface isn't all leather anymore.  There are just two small strips of leather for the outside seating area and everything else is vinyl.

Don't get me wrong...  the truck is beautiful and I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it.  I just don't understand why GM cut these corners.

I have a 2001 LT 2500HD and the back seats in mine isn't "leather" either,its vinyl. Even the front "leather" seats aren't all leather. They have leather seating surfaces,but the sides and back are vinyl as well.

By saying cheapened...  I mean...

The back seating surface isn't all leather anymore.  There are just two small strips of leather for the outside seating area and everything else is vinyl.

Where did my full overhead console go?

The rear center armrest is chincy.  Just a couple of goofy looking cup-holders.  They lost all the intigrated tray etc...

Only 2 12V powere supplies instead of 3

The doors are all plastic.  No cloth insert where the seat memory switches are.

in the crew cab the back seat should still be leather

Full overhead was dropped in 03 but you can still swap one in out of an 02

I completely agree with the rear armrests. looks very cheesy

look on the back of the center console and you will discover your 3rd power supply

and I personally will be looking for 02 or 03 door panels because I cant stand the plastic...

btw congrats on the new truck and lets see some more pics!

Archived