Replace Power window motor

You can't replace just the motor. You have to replace the whole window regulator assembly that is bolted inside the door and clamped to the window glass. Has your lift wire frayed/broken or does your motor no longer run? In either case, you replace the entire regulator.

Yes, it is the lift cable and not the electrical wire.

So you are saying that I need to replace the cable, frame and motor?

The cable seems fine and still is attached to the regulator. The problem is the window will try and go down or up but it will only move about an inch in either direction. I try and force it up with my hands and I can't hardly move it. So it is either binding or the motor is giving out.

MTmace

I took the regulator apart and it did seem like the cables were binding.

Is there anyway someone can unbind those cables? It seems like if everything else work one can just unbind the cables.

I am going to give that a shot tonight.

MTmace

• 4 weeks later...
I took the regulator apart and it did seem like the cables were binding.

Is there anyway someone can unbind those cables? It seems like if everything else work one can just unbind the cables.

I am going to give that a shot tonight.

MTmace

did you get it fixed or end up replacing the whole thing? I've got to tackle the same job this weekend. It got stuck this winter. I know the motor's trying to do something becuase it's drawing a ton of amps when i push the button (lights dim, fans slow down, etc). Not good.

Archived