A/C Question....

Could someone explain the A/C system in my truck?  It seems to blow cold even when its not turned on which doesnt make much sense.... I believe I saw a post somewhere about this but search doesnt come up with anything...I dont remember what it said because it wasnt an issue at the time....

NewbieZ71, Great question.

Mine does the same thing. I looked in my manual and didn't find the answer but it sounds like Shaners is right. It seems to have something to do with the recirculation button,  the temperature knob and the setting on bi-level.

And man if we haven't needed the AC the last few days, Eh Newbie?  What about 85 to 90 degrees.  Not that bad by anyone's standards.  I personally like the heat.  I just hate having to listen to all these jacka$$es whining about the heat.  IT'S SUMMER, IT'S GONNA BE HOT, SUCK IT UP, ####!  I guess that the right to b*tch is a god given right here in NY.  One last thing, It's not the heat, it's the supidity!

Yup, this has been kinda miserable....but having moved here from the Tampa area only 3 yrs ago I still remember the Florida hot  so I'm not too bothered as of yet.  In fact, this heat was what brought on my post.... this has been the first time I have had to do much fiddling with the temp controls...I still dont understand what is happening with the recirc and a/c....

If the selector is on bi-lev or defrost the A/C compressor comes on to keep the windows clear, as Shaners said.  The air conditioning process dries the air, that's why they have it on for defrosting.  If you put it on Vent or Heat the compressor shouldn't be on.

Jeff

Archived