Guys who went from 16's to 20's...

did you notice any change in gas mileage. Right now i have a 03 gmc with 5.3l and 16 inch rims and tires, stock setup. I am getting pretty good gas mileage and want to know if there is any difference with the bigger rim, looking to keep the rolling diameter close, maybe go up 1 inch.

Thanks

one thing remains true. "Ya gotta pay to play" I dont notice any difference, but then again I drive it like I stole it. Otherwise whats the point of having a v8 if you dont use it? That d**n GOVERNER pisses me off. 100mph? why slow down there. Give me just a little more come on baby!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I ordered my 20"s today with 305/50 tires, Ill have to see if my mileage changes at all.  I tried one on my truck and I'll tell you one thing, they weigh about twice as much as my stock aluminum 16"s

I changed my wheels from the stock 17s to 20s, and am getting slightly worse gas mileage... not a huge difference though maybe 1mpg. I thought that it wouldnt change, because the diameter of each was very close to the same with the tires included.

On a different note, what is the biggest tire you can fit on an 5 sierra stock 17" wheel without rubbing or interfering with anything? Anyone know? I was thinking I might be able to squeeze some 305 or 295 60s... What do you think??

• 1 month later...

Ive had my 20s for about 3 weeks now and I havent really noticed a change in mileage. Maybe .5 to 1 mpg, definitely worth it though because it looks 10 times better!

My dad has 285/75/16 on his Suburban and they dont rub but that has a different front bumper. 285/75/16 is a 33" inch tall tire so I wouldn't go any bigger than 295 or 305/65/17 as it is 32.8"

Archived