Replacing Speakers

Hey everybody,

I have an 02 Silverado ext. cab. I am replacing the speakers in the rear, on the swing away doors. Does anybody know if there is a way to take the speaker panel off without pulling off the whole door panel. It looks like it might be a seperate piece. Thanks.

Hey everybody,

I have an 02 Silverado ext. cab.  I am replacing the speakers in the rear, on the swing away doors.  Does anybody know if there is a way to take the speaker panel off without pulling off the whole door panel.  It looks like it might be a seperate piece.  Thanks.

When I replaced mine (4Dr Tahoe) I had to take all the door panels off. The good news is they come off really easy. 2-3 screws and the whole panel lifts up and out with no special tools.

Once you remove the door panel you'll realize that it was so easy you shouldn't have worried about trying anything else.

If you're installing component speakers (non co-axial), or oversized coaxials, you might actually want to consider also removing the metal speaker grilles, so that you can modify the shape of the speaker opening in the plastic door panel. The grilles cover an oval hole that pretty well matches the factory 4x6 oval speaker. If your speaker's different shaped, you might want to make the opening match and then replace the grille.

Hey everybody,

I have an 02 Silverado ext. cab.  I am replacing the speakers in the rear, on the swing away doors.  Does anybody know if there is a way to take the speaker panel off without pulling off the whole door panel.  It looks like it might be a seperate piece.  Thanks.

the speaker grill is a seperat piece put it is mounded on the door panel with 4 tabs that are bent over in the back of panel so you have to take off the door panel to remove the grill

Archived