How do you set A/C to max fan?

Hi all. Hope you can help me out. I have a 1990 Silverado. The A/C does not have a max setting. When the fan is on high it will actually switch to recirculate and the fan speeds up after a while. Problem is, it is very unpredictable and can not be set manuallly, that I know of. Anyone know the secret?

I remember when I first bought it (brand new), someone taught me a trick to turn on the amplifier on the stock stereo. You had to hit a couple of buttons on the radio at the same time, L. bal and Up Volume? or something like that. It was awesome and made the stereo really rock (Has been replaced since) Anywho.....just hoped someone might know a similar trick with the A/C.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

BTW, this is the digital climate control. LOVE MY CHEVY! Hate the low flow :fume:

Not sure what they had in 99 but my 2003 tahoe has a recirculate button that is the same as the old MAX settings. My only complaint is it resets this evertime I shut the truck off. Not sure about the 99 but mine is I believe second buttion from the left just below the Driver's temperature setting knob. Looks like a car with and arrow going around in a circle in it.

Blue Tahoe, he is refering to a 1990 not a 99. Completely different head unit and truck for that matter. As far as having an auto recirculation in the HVAC system, I think you were mislead. From 88-91 there was no MAX button on the head unit and therefore no recirc option. The HVAC ductwork in the 92-94 trucks had a damper that controlled the feed air from fresh to recirculated air, the 88-91 trucks did not. Maybe the surge you are hearing is a problem with the fan motor itself. I have owned an 88 and a 90 Chevy and the fan noise was always at a constant, never surging.

You may want to post on the classic forum, there are more responses to older truck questions.

As far as the radio codes you were refering to, they were for DNR (Dolby Noise Reduction) and LD (Loudness). One was done by using the minus volume and the rear fade pushed simultaniously and the other with the plus volume and the front fade pushed simultaniously.

Thanks guy's for giving my your thoughts.

The thing is, the fan does not surge. It just goes to one speed higher and I can't quite explain when. Seems like after it's been running a while and you open or close a window??

Can't figure it out but it is definately stepping up a notch on it's own and it has done it since it was new. Never happens on heat, def. etc. It sounds and feels like a door is closed and the volume goes up real nice. Hence the reason I thought it was going into auto recirculate. Hmmmm...

I posted this to the classic forum. Thanks again for your help.

Boyd

Archived