Newb From Hawaii Saying Aloha

vodapas

Well,

Just wanted to say my hellos and such. Actually I'm not from Hawaii, but stationed here. Figured it would probably help to say where I'm currently living since most of my posts will probably be made after the majority of the board members are going to sleep.

Anyhow, just got back from picking up my 2001 Silverado. I could post pics, but I doubt many of you want to see another stock Silverado. I'll post some after the holidays when I start making progress on the modifications I have planned.

The Silverado is the fifth car in our drive (yes we need to downsize). But, not really my first GM fullsize as I have owned a 1985 Silverado and a 1979 Cheyenne in the past. However, it is quite a change for me as I have had mostly imports for the last five years or so.

So, that's my story. I hope to get to know some of the regular members well and that this forum can be as helpful to me as some of the other forums I have been a member of in the past.

Mahalo.

Well,

Just wanted to say my hellos and such.  Actually I'm not from Hawaii, but stationed here.  ...

Hey, Aloha! Welina me ke aloha. Aloha nui loa!

But since I'm in Texas now, I guess I need to say, HOWDY! Post your photos away. I can guarantee that there are ample opinions here as to what needs and should not be done to your stock rig!

Mahalo and let us all know when you stand in front of the Duke's statue so we can see you on the webcam at Waikiki.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sorry I haven't posted back in here sooner. I'm still learning how to navigate this forum and to see which of my posts have had responses.

Anyhow, I'll go ahead and take some pics of the truck this weekend after I've had a chance to get her washed again. Black truck, red dirt, and rainy weather make for a well... redish/black wet truck. lol. It'll be good for me to get some baseline pics of her before I start making any drastic changes.

Thanks again,

Lang

Well,

Just wanted to say my hellos and such.  Actually I'm not from Hawaii, but stationed here.  Figured it would probably help to say where I'm currently living since most of my posts will probably be made after the majority of the board members are going to sleep.

Welcome to my world :cheers: I usually only get on the board from work, and I work graveyard shift. So I'm posting at night as well.

Anyhow, just got back from picking up my 2001 Silverado.  I could post pics, but I doubt many of you want to see another stock Silverado.  I'll post some after the holidays when I start making progress on the modifications I have planned.

Don't try and get out of it...Post the pics. :cheers:

The Silverado is the fifth car in our drive (yes we need to downsize).  But, not really my first GM fullsize as I have owned a 1985 Silverado and a 1979 Cheyenne in the past.  However, it is quite a change for me as I have had mostly imports for the last five years or so. 

So, that's my story.  I hope to get to know some of the regular members well and that this forum can be as helpful to me as some of the other forums I have been a member of in the past.

Mahalo.

This is most definately the best forum I've been a part of in terms of how well we get along, regardless of our differences...And I've been on quite a few forums.

Welcome to it. :dupe:

I have to agree with ya, the lack of drama on this forum is amazing. It is very rare to find a car/truck forum where small disagreements don't turn into long and drawn out flame threads. I'm very glad to have found this site.

Oh and don't worry I'll post pics soon.

Howdy,Welcome aboard :dupe:

I hope you'll be thinkin' about us poor souls over here in the winter (If you don't I'm going to send you lotsa' snow from Pittsburgh over there :cheers: )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived