Avoid ebayer exotictruck-auto

I bid on a bug shield from them, that according to their description would fit a 2006 Silverado. It doesn't fit, they claim that the description says it will only fit a 2003-2004 Silverado.

See the description for yourself, tell me how that means it will only fit 2003-2004 Silverados...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

He's refusing a full refund, so I'm having to try to deal with it through paypal. :confused:

Before I bid, I only looked at his overall feedback of over 70,000, and didn't see that he's had over 200 negative & neutral feedback in the past month.

Look at his return policy

RETURN POLICY:

Our customers satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. If you are not completly pleased with your purchase for any reason, simply call us at (305) 593-9996 to arrange a return, and ship it back to us within 30 days of receipt for a full refund of your BID price. We do not charge inflated restocking fees and we will send you a prepaid shipping label on items where we shipped the wrong part, damaged items, and items with missing pieces.

I did email him, and after 5 days, no response so I called him.

He's claiming that it is clear on the auction page that it won't fit a 2006 Silverado, so I have to pay return shipping for it, in addition to the shipping I already paid to have the wrong part sent to me.

Seems pretty clear from the title ...

"LUND Bug Shield Bugshield 2003-2006 SILVERADO AVALANCHE"

that it should fit a 2006.

It does say ...

Will not fit 2005-2005 HD Silverado.

I would think you should have a pretty clear case of "Not as described"

Good Luck.

Some FYI.....

To view ONLY neg & neu feedback, go HERE.

After reading the posting it does indicate it will not fit a 2006 Chevy, in not so many words; I would have contacted the seller before buying to be sure. If you read down through the feedback even the positive feedback mentions poor customer service and ordering issues. I think you'll end up eating the item and shipping.

After reading the posting it does indicate it will not fit a 2006 Chevy, in not so many words;

I don't see what you are talking about. All I see is where it says ...

"Will not fit 2005-2005 HD Silverado"

The title itself says ...

"2003-2006 SILVERADO..."

(without body cladding)

After reading the posting it does indicate it will not fit a 2006 Chevy, in not so many words;

I don't see what you are talking about. All I see is where it says ...

"Will not fit 2005-2005 HD Silverado"

The title itself says ...

"2003-2006 SILVERADO..."

(without body cladding)

That's why I said "in not so many words". The 2005 HD's has the raised hoods just like the 2006 LDs; so if you knew the model years then you would know it wouldn't fit.

Still I would have asked or looked elsewhere before buying.

I can tell you from experience that Exotic Truck-Auto is one of the worst vendors on Ebay. I went through a nightmare with them last year and got my first negative feedback. I won a truck bed mat from them. The add stated that if I paid another $30 I'd get the tailgate mat included. Like an idiot, I paid the $30. Well, it took over six weeks to get the mat even though they are only 2 hours drive from me. The tailgate mat didn't show up. I started calling and emailing. No responses for about 4 weeks. Long story short, I filed a complaint with Ebay and Paypal, they both Emailed me back to say that Exotic Truck has failed to contact them and that Ebay wouldn't do anything if they couldn't get the other side of the story. I left negative feedback and just got use to the fact that I lost $30. Six months later I see my Ebay score is no longer 100%. I got negative feedback because of leaving them bad feedback. I called Exotic Truck to inquire and they told me that they do not handle any feedback. The guy said that they do so much business that it is hired out to several kids to respond to feedback. He said that Exotic Truck doesn't have a clue as to what feedback is left. I sent an Email to Ebay about what I learned and they wrote back to say, "So!". :cheers:

That doesn't surprise me. After calling them about the bug shield not fitting, I was surprised that the employee I talked to had the mental capacity to even answer the phone.

Oh well, I've filed a complaint with PayPal, we'll see if that gets me anywhere.

As far as how ebay handled your complaints Enigma, it doesn't surprise me. Exotic Truck-Auto is making them too much money for ebay to worry about them doing things like ripping off customers.

I usually try to buy stuff like that locally, but I had some PayPal money in my account, and didn't want to wait for a check. Oh well, live & learn.

Man, that sucks that they are treating you all like that. I have bought several items from this outfit over the past year and a half and have never had a problem. After reading your all's complaints, i am a bit nervous as to how that they would resolve or not resolve a problem if i received a damaged product. I just purchased another set of in channel vent visors from them, hope they come and are not broken! Wish I would have read this post first! Oh well, I have 5 postive transactions with them so far, guess my luck with them is going to run out if I keep giving them my business, and I dont want to give it to a company that doesnt stand behind their product!

Why would you BOTHER buying something as stupid as a

bud sheild off flea-bay?????????????????????

There must be LOTS if big box parts stores near your house

when you could buy the SAME item for the same price as

well as being able to touch, feel and eyeball it and read the

application chart ?????????????????????/

Why would you BOTHER buying something as stupid as a

bud sheild off flea-bay?????????????????????

There must be LOTS if big box parts stores near your house

when you could buy the SAME item for the same price as

well as being able to touch, feel and eyeball it and read the

application chart ?????????????????????/

Actually, I live in a pretty rural area. My options were limited to buying from a dealer (Which all of the dealers around here charge full MSRP on all parts, which is about $70 for the bug shield), or having one special ordered from one of the small mom & pop auto part stores around here. On top of that, I had a $45 paypal credit, so I went ahead and tried getting one on ebay.

As for getting my refund, it took exotic trucks a week to respond to the complaint through paypal, but paypal responded in less than a day that they thought that I was right, and will be getting a full refund from them.

Archived