crank Position Sensor

I know Haulin 8.1 listed the directions on how to change the sensor a while back, but I can not find it.

my truck just started to exhibit the classic symptoms of failure (stalling, engine stopping suddenly and re-starting while driving, etc). Just checked my codes and it pop'd one for the sensor.

Can someone point me to where those directions are?

Looks like I'll be busy tonight

thanks

The thing is I don't think I've ever really made and instructions post. I need too as it seems I'm the king of crank sensor replacment LOL. I copied this from another post.

"It was rather tedious due to the location behind the D/S head, and the warm but not hot motor temp. It took about an hour with the lift and shop full of tools. Doing it againg would take about 30 minutes. The new one was a different design but the old one came out in one piece. After using a Gearwrench to remove the 10MM retaining bolt use a long flat ended bar to tap it up and out of it's hole as it doesn't want to come out by hand. Perferibly the pry bar will have a bend at one end to get a grip on the sensor lip sence it's at the top of the bell housing."

Vernon

The thing is I don't think I've ever really made and instructions post.  I need too as it seems I'm the king of crank sensor replacment LOL.  I copied this from another post.

"It was rather tedious due to the location behind the D/S head, and the warm but not hot motor temp. It took about an hour with the lift and shop full of tools. Doing it againg would take about 30 minutes. The new one was a different design but the old one came out in one piece. After using a Gearwrench to remove the 10MM retaining bolt use a long flat ended bar to tap it up and out of it's hole as it doesn't want to come out by hand. Perferibly the pry bar will have a bend at one end to get a grip on the sensor lip sence it's at the top of the bell housing."

Vernon

That's how I did it. Doing it in the driveway on your back takes longer. I'd say it took me two hours but a good part of that was looking for the thicker thinner bent just right combination pliars and pry bar. I also had a 15 minute swearing break. The easiest part is getting the bolt out and back in.

Bill

My 8.1 just started this crap a week ago! The R/R doesn't sound like much fun, but it's better than the stealer. Do you have to do a crank re-learn once the new sensor is installed?

You don't have to unless it throws a code. I had mine done just because (no codes). It didn't seem to make any difference in the way it ran.

Bill

Archived