1500 HD or a 2500HD

I was comparing specs on the 1500HD and the 2500HD Crew Cab models on Chevy.com and I am having a hard time discovering what the big difference is. THe specs for GVWR, 5'er towing, payload, ect. are the same or very close. What is the big difference, or is there a difference??

I was comparing specs on the 1500HD and the 2500HD Crew Cab models on Chevy.com and I am having a hard time discovering what the big difference is.  THe specs for GVWR, 5'er towing, payload, ect. are the same or very close.  What is the big difference, or is there a difference??

You must be comparing the gas burner 2500 HD. The Duramax would have significantly higher towing, payload, etc.....

I was comparing specs on the 1500HD and the 2500HD Crew Cab models on Chevy.com and I am having a hard time discovering what the big difference is.  THe specs for GVWR, 5'er towing, payload, ect. are the same or very close.  What is the big difference, or is there a difference??

The frame is physically larger on a HD, and 4.10 gears are standard.

I was comparing specs on the 1500HD and the 2500HD Crew Cab models on Chevy.com and I am having a hard time discovering what the big difference is.   THe specs for GVWR, 5'er towing, payload, ect. are the same or very close.  What is the big difference, or is there a difference??

The frame is physically larger on a HD, and 4.10 gears are standard.

4.10's are standard on the 6.0 2500HD, with 3.73's standard on the 8.1L with 4.10's as an option.

The 1500HD is a little lighter and may offer slightly better mpg with the 6.0L gasser.

DEWFPO

IIRC, the 1500HD was more or less the standard duty 2500(no longer available). Stronger frame than the typical 1500, but not near as strong as the 2500HD/3500 frame.

Archived