My first post

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2006 1500 4WD Crew Cab and picked it up yesterday. I don't plan on any big mods and Massachusetts passed a law banning aftermarket exhausts, so that will stay stock for now. I can say I'm lovin the ride of this truck. I am coming from a 04 Tacoma Acces Cab (excellent truck) but before that I had an 03 4X4 Silverado reg 8 ft bed, I'm glad I'm back to a full size. Just doing minor stuff right now like mudflaps, tint, wheel locks and rain guards. I do have one question though on the sticker on the window when I bought the truck it says the truck comes with a locking rear differential....but I don't see any button to engage it. Does it automatically engage in 4-Low...if not can it be used in 4 high?. Thanks. Any comments are welcome.

Just detailed it today with Klasse All-In-One

Truckpics115.jpg

Truckpics114.jpg

Thinking of taking the gold bow tie out

Truckpics113.jpg

Truckpics112.jpg

Hood shot

Truckpics111.jpg

First of all..welcome, that is one nice detail job.

Second, as for the locker, it will lock the rear axle when one tire starts to slip automatically, its not electronic. It will do this in 2 wheel drive or 4X4.

nice detail job.  i myself just picked up an 06 sierra and detailed it.  my question is what do you use on the black plastic?  i got some wax on it and it looks like crap.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the locker explanation, its really appreciated. As for the wax try rubbing alcohol or Mr CLean Magic Eraser I heard works pretty good, peanut butter (non chunky) has been know to work also. I generally use P21S as wax, it leaves an incredible shine, easy to use and doesn't stain plastic.

http://autopia-carcare.com/p21-127.html

HIGHLY recommended, not cheap, but the can lasts along time! Thanks again.

Mass passed this house bill last year

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/ht02pdf/ht02011.pdf

Its BS...my last truck failed because the registry cop THOUGHT it was too loud

Thinking about moving to CT or farther north.....

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2006 1500 4WD Crew Cab and picked it up yesterday. I don't plan on any big mods and Massachusetts passed a law banning aftermarket exhausts, so that will stay stock for now. I can say I'm lovin the ride of this truck. I am coming from a 04 Tacoma Acces Cab (excellent truck) but before that I had an 03 4X4 Silverado reg 8 ft bed, I'm glad I'm back to a full size. Just doing minor stuff right now like mudflaps, tint, wheel locks and rain guards. I do have one question though on the sticker on the window when I bought the truck it says the truck comes with a locking rear differential....but I don't see any button to engage it. Does it automatically engage in 4-Low...if not can it be used in 4 high?. Thanks. Any comments are welcome.

Just detailed it today with Klasse All-In-One

Truckpics115.jpg

Truckpics114.jpg

Thinking of taking the gold bow tie out

Truckpics113.jpg

Truckpics112.jpg

Hood shot

Truckpics111.jpg

Very nice! Thought it was mine for a minute. Then I remembered...mines dirty...and I dont have the crew cab. (Minor difference). Hehe. I think the bowtie is sweet on a black truck. Though I am thinking about going with a stainless look. Wonder how that would look. Sucks on the after market exhaust banning. Seems weird how they can put a law against it. ANywho...welcome to the gang.

nice detail job.  i myself just picked up an 06 sierra and detailed it.  my question is what do you use on the black plastic?  i got some wax on it and it looks like crap.

Theres a couple products out there. The only one that I can remember the name of is made by Mothers called Back-To-Black. You can use it on any black surface..plastics...etc and it removes wax, etc and brings out the shine that it used to have. I've used it several times and its fantastic. Bought mine at Wally-World on sale even. Think it was like 4 bucks for a bottle. It goes on like wax...you swirl it in and buff it off. Turns out great. I just removed 3 of the 4 trim pieces so I dont have to worry bout getting wax on those. They are crappy anyway lol. Just have to wait for the sun to warm up the last piece so I can pull that off.

Very nice! Thought it was mine for a minute. Then I remembered...mines dirty...and I dont have the crew cab. (Minor difference). Hehe. I think the bowtie is sweet on a black truck. Though I am thinking about going with a stainless look. Wonder how that would look. Sucks on the after market exhaust banning. Seems weird how they can put a law against it. ANywho...welcome to the gang.

Thanks. I just ordered a chrome bow tie. One of my friends has a polished aluminum one and it looks pretty good. I just put the molded mud flaps on, I actually got a chip from a rock kicking up today :rant: ...one day with no chips thats a record. Also got a clear bra for the front end and tint for the front windows so I'll be busy these next couple of weeks. I had a Corsca exhaust on my 03 and LOVED it, really want one on this one.

Guest chevydeerhunter

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new truck. No aftermarket exhaust? Well, we'll welcome you down here in Texas where it's almost mandatory to add an aftermarket exhaust and there are plenty of places to try out the 4WD.

Im just saying dont listen to some old lady that hates good soundin trucks. The fine cant be too bad. I have to have my trucks big and loud unlike my women lol. I still think you should get a muffler and say its an original. lol but u would just be able to change the muffler and not the pipes comin out which might suck Good job on snaggin that sweet truck. :rant:

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new truck.  No aftermarket exhaust?  Well, we'll welcome you down here in Texas where it's almost mandatory to add an aftermarket exhaust and there are plenty of places to try out the 4WD.

Yeah, if you can't set off every car with an alarm that you drive by, then you ain't drivin' a TRUCK!! This is why ya gotta stand up for your right to a loud exhaust (1st amendment to the constitution). Whats next, no more off roadin'?

Archived