Good News

Gee, if production of the six speed is over for this year, my truck may be valuable!!!

I love the six speed and it gets better the more I drive it. It's too bad you guys can't get them. You'd think that with the 6 speed being the "standard'  tranny for the Dmax that there would be more of them available. Maybe we are the only ones who want to shift gears anymore.

I have pics of my 6 speed at the link below if you want to see one.

Hang in there and good luck waiting for your trucks!!!!

Quote: from Kansas Kid on 11:34 am on Jan. 23, 2001

I think production on it may be over for the year.

I haven't heard that , but i'll look into it for everyone!!

EZDozer, I saw them unload a 1 ton from a hauler today in Russellville, AR.  I don;t know engine or tranny, but I can check it out on Wednesday, and let you know some more about it.

Quote: from Crafty1 on 1:10 pm on Jan. 23, 2001

It's too bad you guys can't get them. You'd think that with the 6 speed being the "standard'  tranny for the Dmax that there would be more of them available. Maybe we are the only ones who want to shift gears anymore.

Doesn't make much sence does it?  I was hoping that in a year or two when I can afford a 2500HD I would be able to find a Duramax/ZF combo on the lots quit easily.  But it doesn't seem like that is going to happen, so I will probably have to order one.  But its going to be awhile before I can do that.

EZDozer, It's gone!!! It was sold when it hit the ground the new owner picked it up while I was talking to my sales buddy.  I saw a 1 ton Chassis go across the river on a hauler and when he came back it was not on the truck I'll try and check it out for you if you are intrested.  The one in Russellville was a 3500 Reg cab Dulley, 8.1l Allison, 4:10, nice truck.

doverarjim

Thanks for checking these trucks out. Thought I was going get to help someone out today. Went by local chevy dealer today, they had not one but two 2500HD CC D/A on the lot. Needless to say they had sold both of within 24hrs. from when they were unloaded. That makes 6 D/A  2500HD they have had on the their lot.

Dealer near me has had a 2500HD CC D/A 4x4 on the lot for over a month. Also there is a 2500HD ext. cab 8.1L sitting right next to it. Both came in about the same time. I think the word "HD" is taking awhile to spread around here, but I see more and more HD's every day.

EZDozer, they got another 3500hd in, reg cab, 4X4, D-Max, Allison, 4:10, solid white in color, sticker on it was ?,000.  If you need more information let me know, send a e-mail to me if you want.

If you don't absolutely have to have a new truck right now, I would wait. Although the new HD's are nice, they are having some first production run glitches. In a year or two, they will undoubtedly be improved. Another reason to wait is cost, a new vehicle loses 20-30% of it's value when you sign the paperwork. It is now a "used" vehicle. There are people out there that absolutely HAVE to own brand new toys. A used truck will be just as nice and quite a bit cheaper than a new one.

Personally, I don't ever see myself buying a brand new vehicle. All the cars and trucks that I've purchased in the last 10 years have been used and purchased from GM dealers (except one from Ford) and I've been happy (with GM, not Ford, but that's a story I've covered in another topic).

Buy used with factory warranty in place and purchase the extended warranty if you plan on keeping it.

Archived