Hub Bolts! What The Hell?

bflat

Question

Anybody got any suggestions on how to remove the hub bolts? ( four -15mm bolts on back of hub) I have to change the rotors out in my K3500, and I did not expect the hub bolts to hold me up! What the hell did GM do to get these so tight? I have an impact gun that puts out 1200 ft.lbs of torque, it won't budge it! And Why do I have to disassemble the hub to remove my rotors? What ever happened to simple?

By the way, I have used all the leverage I can get my hands on.

0 answers to this question

Common answer in here seems to be to soak the shiite out of them with penetrating lube and give them hell. They can really stick tight.

I have had them soaking in liquid wrench, any chance there is something else on the market that is better?

Common answer in here seems to be to soak the shiite out of them with penetrating lube and give them hell. They can really stick tight.

I have had them soaking in liquid wrench, any chance there is something else on the market that is better?

PB Blaster

Ah yes, the hub assembly bolts. I had fun replacing the front rotors on my dad's old '99 K2500 Sierra when he wore the brakes down to the metal... twice. You'll have to hammer out the wheel studs from the old rotors and put 'em on the new units! Pain in the ass, lemme tell ya :lol: .

I've seen 5ft, 1" drive breaker bars, not sure if you've tried one of those yet or, if they even fit in the limited space you have with the huge socket you would have to use. Probably a stupid suggestion anyway. Good luck with those bolts! :lol:

Archived