Cd Player Won't Eject

I tried using my stock cd player for the first time. It played ok, but it won't eject the cd. When I press the eject button, it makes a clikcking sound for about 10 seconds then stops. The cd can be seen inside the opening, but seems stuck. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I'd pull the unit and take off the casing to get to the CD if you must have it. the gears that control the ejection may have gotten off or the unit may be dirty inside. When you get the unit out and unscrew the casing to get to the internal part of the unit, leave it plugged in and try to pop the CD back in and watch the gears to see if they are operating properly. if not, the unit may have gotten dirty in there or it's fubbared. you can pick up a new stock head unit on ebay for around 50-100 bucks depending on the quality.

I'd just take it out and get you a good headunit that will play IPOD or MP3 units though.

I tried using my stock cd player for the first time. It played ok, but it won't eject the cd. When I press the eject button, it makes a clikcking sound for about 10 seconds then stops. The cd can be seen inside the opening, but seems stuck. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Yes, my future father in laws 05 Silvy did it. It will accept cd's but will not eject them. I tried taking it apart, cleaning all the gears, and trying to make it eject with no success. I just gave him my stock radio from my 04. Honestly if you get one from a dealer, they are mostly refurbed ones. I would put my money into an aftermarket radio if I was you.

In my case... I have the CD changer (6). It will not respond, it will not eject cd, it just says CHANGER FULL and EJECTING CD but the gears do not turn and there is not any action...

WHAT DO I DO???

Archived