09 Escalade To Be E85 Compatable

2009 Cadillac Escalade to be E85 Compatible

Jefferson City, MO - General Motors (GM) announced today that their 2009 Cadillac Escalade will be able to run on either gasoline or the alternative fuel blend of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline (E85). The Escalade, Escalade EXT and Escalade ESV will join the 2009 line-up of flexible fuel vehicles (FFVs).

“The success of E85 as an alternative fuel depends on having the fuel readily available and having a range of cars and trucks that can use it,” said GM Vice President of Environment, Energy and Safety Policy Beth Lowery. “We will offer more than 15 flex-fuel capable models for 2009 compared with 11 this year.”

Previously announced this year, 2009 FFV models will include the GMC Denali, Chevrolet HHR, Buick Lucerne and Hummer H2 and H2 SUT. This will assist GM in their efforts to provide half of their vehicle line as E85 compatible by the year 2012.

GM is a member of the NEVC and also has representation on the NEVC Board of Directors.

For a complete listing of E85 compatible vehicles, visit www.E85Fuel.com.

-30-

Sorry, but e85 is not going to work out. IMO, it would need to be at least a dollar cheaper than gas to make it work out. Can't get it in CT.

I am pretty much breaking even at 50 cents a gallon cheaper. its working out great for me, we have a bunch of stations around here

Sorry, but e85 is not going to work out. IMO, it would need to be at least a dollar cheaper than gas to make it work out. Can't get it in CT.

I am pretty much breaking even at 50 cents a gallon cheaper. its working out great for me, we have a bunch of stations around here

Guys who like E85 only see a <1 mpg difference. Guys who don't like E85 see a 20mpg difference.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. :) I work in the ag industry and my family all grow corn. I don't know anyone in the oil industry.

:D

Archived