Dash Lights On '00

Just recently noticed that my dash lights aren't working even though my headlights are coming on. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but just a week ago I had a tune done and just now noticing it.

Does anybody know which fuse controls the dash lights (cluster and controls) so I can check it?

On mine (2004) the fuse is in the underhood fuse box (behind the battery). It is labeled IPC/DIC. Somehow I doubt that's what the problem is though. Your tune very well may have dorked with the software that controls the panel lights.

Alright cool, atleast I can check to make sure the fuse didn't just happen to go. Atleast I don't drive at night all that much.

Might sound like a stupid question but are you sure the potentiometer on the light switch isn't turned all the way down? I checked the wiring diagrams for my 02, which I would assume are more in line w/ your truck, and if seems the Park LPS 30A fuse is where the power originates. If it were bad you would lose more than your interior lights though. I would also say it is possible that a tune could cause problems since the Predator I had originally took out the N (neutral) indicator in my IP. As soon as I re-installed the factory tune the light came back. Keep us posted on your progress.

I had the same exact problem. Mine was a headlamp switch. Except I knew how mine went, I had a short in my radio from crossing light terminals, and I went through 2 switches until I found out what was doing it, as every time I put in a new switch the interior lightinig would work on the radio and dash but soon after it blew it.

hm... guess I'll have to give Justin a call and maybe see if he knows what could have done it. Not being able to see my dash at night will not be a good thing at all haha.

electrical problems are not my specialty.

I really doubt it was your tune....did you try the potentiometer on the light switch?

mhmm... all the way up, dome light comes on. in between, nothing.

AC light comes on when turned on, inside/outside air light comes on when selected, 4x4 lights work. window controls, lock controls, and gauge lights dont.

So basically you have no background lights in any switch, control panel, etc. correct? From looking at my wiring diagrams (02) the Body Control Module controls the dimming circuits based on the input from the light switch.

AC light comes on when turned on, inside/outside air light comes on when selected, 4x4 lights work. window controls, lock controls, and gauge lights dont.

Check the INT PRK fuse in the left I/P fuse block.

So basically you have no background lights in any switch, control panel, etc. correct? From looking at my wiring diagrams (02) the Body Control Module controls the dimming circuits based on the input from the light switch.

Yea that sounds about right. The gear indicator screen is fine and the Message Center screen is fine. Just everything else that has the green background light is off. Radio (aftermarket) is also fine.

I will check that fuse tomorrow. Thanks.

Yea that sounds about right. The gear indicator screen is fine and the Message Center screen is fine. Just everything else that has the green background light is off. Radio (aftermarket) is also fine.

I will check that fuse tomorrow. Thanks.

Also check the ILLUM 10a fuse located in the same place while you're at it.

Cool, will do. Thanks again for the info. Hope its one of them and not something else.

Keep me posted, I get a little intrigued w/ wiring issues to say the least. If you don't have a test lamp I'd buy or borrow one. Don't take for granted that just because the fuse looks good it's ok. Have you ever hooked up any aftermarket accessories to your truck using fuse taps, etc.? You might also take a look at the wiring bundle that runs underneath your park brake pedal to make sure everything looks like it should...I know there have been a few issues with that bundle being rubbed through by the pedal. If you never use the park brake that obviously shouldn't be an issue.

Haven't checked anything yet but about 4 months ago had new stereo stuff installed but no problems for those 4 months. Park brake gets used everytime truck gets turned off.

Test light I got, but I'd rather have a mulitmeter since I know how to use them too. Much better tool.

Archived