Gm Employee Pricing Vs Supplier Pricing Vs Dealer Invoice

Employee pricing is a slight percentage below invoice. Supplier is a slight percentage above invoice. In my case with my recently purchased vehicle, employee was about $2k more of a discount than the supplier pricing. I forgot the percentages though...

I know that while you'll get many answers to this...You'll never get the complete truth.

I've beaten employee pricing just walking in off the street before. I did it on my SS...I beat the supplier pricing by a metric MILE and got it just under employee pricing. It took me two weeks of fighting to get there, but I got there.

There is a 4th price, a "true invoice" price that dwarfs these other prices but dealers will hide that number like a treasure. But, you'll likely never be able to purchase at that price because that's what they paid for the vehicle. The "invoice" price they will openly share with you is completely bogus and designed to make people think they are getting a tremendous deal if they get it "below invoice"

I was given "supplier pricing" and told it was "just a little under invoice".

Based on the research on various online pricing web sites, supplier price did not appear to be below invoice from what I could tell. Difference between supplier and employee pricing on my particular truck was about 1,500.

Oh well, learned my lesson for next time.

There is a 4th price, a "true invoice" price that dwarfs these other prices but dealers will hide that number like a treasure. But, you'll likely never be able to purchase at that price because that's what they paid for the vehicle. The "invoice" price they will openly share with you is completely bogus and designed to make people think they are getting a tremendous deal if they get it "below invoice"

unless of course you work for a dealership or have access to the sales accounting system

Archived