Swapping Front Speakers 08 Silverado

Was considering swapping my front speakers in my 08 Silverado.

I have the non-Bose set-up, however they do have the tweeters connected facing towards the windshield.

If I was to swap my front speakers to aftermarket, would I lose the tweeter connection? Would there be any way to keep it active, or would I have to swap out the stock tweeter as well?

Advice would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

the tweeter will still work in case your still wondering about that. before i got subs and a new hu for my 2007 silverado i did the door speakers and the guy at c.c. said that they wouldnt work anymore. well he was wrong. they still worked. and in all honesty the factory tweeters are pretty good.

• 2 months later...
What are the size of the stock speakers in the door? i was thinking about replacing mine as well.

6.5"

I replaced my door speakers and the tweeters still worked but when i installed my amp on my highs the stock tweeter eventually blew and affected the door speaker. When i turned the volume up the tweeter and door speaker would cut off. I replaced the tweeter and just wired in the stock plug. Works like a champ now. I had to use a 3/4 inch tweeter made by JBL. Sounds really good now and i havent had any problems even at high volume...

also you will not find an exact tweeter to fit in the stock location, the pillar will haev to be modified.

I installed Memphis tweeters. Did not have to modify anything. Just a dab of hotmelt.

Have and Pics? What is the model number on those ? Did they come with crossovers ?

also you will not find an exact tweeter to fit in the stock location, the pillar will haev to be modified.

I installed Memphis tweeters. Did not have to modify anything. Just a dab of hotmelt.

Have and Pics? What is the model number on those ? Did they come with crossovers ?

No, Don't know, and No.

No, Don't know, and No.

:lol: Short and sweet, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
the tweeter will still work in case your still wondering about that. before i got subs and a new hu for my 2007 silverado i did the door speakers and the guy at c.c. said that they wouldnt work anymore. well he was wrong. they still worked. and in all honesty the factory tweeters are pretty good.

Hey i was thinking about an all 4 door swap. i have a 07 and the rear doors are not as loud as the fronts. My ? is was yours the same way and with the new speakers do they all sound the same?

Archived