Husky second seat floor liners

Thanks guys.  

Hmm, the reason I ask is, I may order a set for the rear of my truck sometime in the future.  Right now, I have my CD changer mounted under the driver's side (I mistakenly mentioned passenger's side in my first post) of the rear seat.  If I get them, I'll have to figure out something to do with it.  I was wanting to install it in the center console, but that would take some work and cutting up of the inside of the console storage area to do that.  My next thought was to mount it on top of the Husky liner and put some rubber blocks, or something similar, to lift it off the floor of the liner, incase something is spilled back there.  If anyone has any suggestions on mounting my changer in the center console, or anywhere else, let me know.  I thought about the glove box, but I think it's too big.  It measures 10 7/8 W x 3 5/8 H x 6 1/8 D.

changer1.jpg

Yep, I had the mats in my '99 Sierra and they extended under the rear seat.  That was great for muddy / snowy boots.  If you don't have a power passenger seat, it might fit under there.  If you don't have a 4th door, the left side wall under the rear seat might work.  If you can figure out how to attach it, maybe suspended under the rear seat?

Thanks Greg.  

Yeah, I have the power seats, so that rules that out.  That was actually the first place I looked a year and a half ago, when I installed it.  That's where I had it in my '91 and it worked out great.  I don't have the fourth door, so I'll have to lookin into the side wall and under the seat options.  I'll also have to see how much room I have back a little further, up on that shelf thingy that the jack is mounted on.

I just went out and did some measuring.  If I do get the rear husky mats and have to move the changer, I think I will just move it back, and up, on that shelf.  Should fit without any problem.  I'll have to raise the rear seat and climb in to get the magazine out, but tha's not a big deal.  It's a 12 disc changer and I really don't change out the cd's that often, plus I have the stock cd player for "quick changes".

Thanks for all the assistance.   :D  :D  :D

I remembered that shelf from my Sierra, but thought that raising or lowering the seat would interfere with a box the size your specified.  I never put anything larger than an umbrella on the shelf.  It would be cool if it fits AND you can change CDs by simply raising the seat.

I've got the Husky liners in back, they go all the way under the back seat to the point where the carpeting starts to go up against the rear wall.

Also, they are a two piece setup.  The driver's side fits the driver's side and covers the center hump.  The passenger side is simply that.  It overlays the portion of the center hump the hangs over and covers the passenger side.

I've got the Husky liners in back, they go all the way under the back seat to the point where the carpeting starts to go up against the rear wall.

Also, they are a two piece setup.  The driver's side fits the driver's side and covers the center hump.  The passenger side is simply that.  It overlays the portion of the center hump the hangs over and covers the passenger side.

Cool, thanks for the info.  How much do the pieces in the back overlap?  Do they tend to seperate and move around and get out of place?

I just went out and did some measuring.  If I do get the rear husky mats and have to move the changer, I think I will just move it back, and up, on that shelf.  Should fit without any problem.  I'll have to raise the rear seat and climb in to get the magazine out, but tha's not a big deal.  It's a 12 disc changer and I really don't change out the cd's that often, plus I have the stock cd player for "quick changes".

Thanks for all the assistance.   :D  :D  :D

After going out and looking under the truck. the gas tank sits really close to that area I was talking about mounting the changer in. ???   When it's a litte warmer, I'll have to go out and do some closer looking at the clearances.

Cool, thanks for the info.  How much do the pieces in the back overlap?  Do they tend to seperate and move around and get out of place?

Basically the driver's side goes completely over the hump (both sides) and then the peassenger side mat basically sits on top of the driver's side overlap with it's own side wall.

The only moving problem I have with it is when I slide the seat back.  The slides on the seat rail and the seat portion was pushing the driver's side overlap back until I fixed it yesterday.  While powering the seat back, I firmly held the mat to the floor so it wouldn't snag.

Otherwise, they hold firmly to the floor with those sharp little nubbies and haven't moved whatsoever.

Since it was mentioned earlier regarding the front center hump liner...Those of you that have this Husky part along with the 40-20-40 front seat....do you find it odd that the center is designed to go UNDER the side mats?  If you look at this from the usability standpoint, if a persons sits in the middle and has any type of snow or water on their shoes, it will roll right off the center mat and UNDER the sides onto the carpet!   :D

I tried flopping the center onto the sides, but found that without doing some cutting up near the gas pedal, it will get in the way and possibly make the pedal stick.   :0

Just an observation.

Archived