4.10s in, what now

Ok guys, I had my 4.10 Precision Gears installed, and now I need to know what I am supposed to do! :D

Do I need to take it to the dealer and have it reprogrammed to the 4.10s from the 3.73s?  If so, how much is that?  Would it be cheaper in the long run to go with the HPP3 Programmer?

OR, can I do nothing, everything is ok, etc...  It seems to be revving high on the RPMs while on the highway, and the speedo seems to be off.  

Just lookin for advice, thanks for your help!  

:)

It's really simple to use.

Once plugged into your OBD II port,the unit prompts you for changes by asking you a series of yes/no questions.

What you want your truck to do is entirely up to you from there.

For te best price,you'll just need to check around.Maybe you can find someone running a sale on them but,IMO,if you find someone trying to sell a used PP#,don't do it.Save yourself the possible headache of any problems with it working on your truck and buy it new.

With 4.10's I turn 2400 rpm at 70 mph.  It should be about the same in your truck... (just for your reference... until you get things recalibrated)

OOPS...  that's 245/75 tires and not bigger tires like you...  I'm guessing you need to turn about 2 grand on the tach at 70 mph

Thanks for the replies guys.  I think I will buy a new HPP3, and go that route.  I have seen people trying to sell them used, and heard all the woes of compatibility issues.

My truck rocks!  :)   Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...

Archived