2008 Escalade ESV Navigation MAP DVD read error?

Hello,

I am looking for information regarding an issue I am having with a new to me 2008 Escalade ESV. Every time I try inserting the NAVI disc into the top slot of the dash players it reads "MAP DVD READ ERROR". I can hear it working/trying to read the disc so I believe the player does work but can't get any further than this....

While Google searching this issue it seems that the NAVI unit may need some sort of update performed? Does this seem logical? If yes, is this something the GM dealer updates with a disc or does it need to be hooked up to a Tech2 computer? Any information/insight on this issue would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

-John

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing an error when trying to use you insert your NAVI disc. Have you reached out to our Infotainment Team? They can be contacted at, 855-478-7767 and their hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Seven days a week.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

Jonathan A.
GM Customer Care

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing an error when trying to use you insert your NAVI disc. Have you reached out to our Infotainment Team? They can be contacted at, 855-478-7767 and their hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Seven days a week.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care

Thanks for the contact info Jonathan. I will call that phone# tomorrow!

-John

the mapping DVD goes in behind the lcd screen , it folds down then the map disc is inserted into that slot . Under menu then navigation there is a spot to click to lower the screen for access to the slot, the screen is motorized

just search around in the menu you will find it , I think it says something like "insert map disc " or "update map disc " the disc will come out that's in there then just change it out

just search around in the menu you will find it , I think it says something like "insert map disc " or "update map disc " the disc will come out that's in there then just change it out

montyss,

I searched around in the menu and see nothing that relates to inserting the map disc or update map disc. The screen angle is adjustable but do not see where it may actually flip down. Also, there are 2 exposed/out in the open disc slots under the display screen, wouldnt 1 of them be for the map disc?

Thanks,

-John

Thanks for the contact info Jonathan. I will call that phone# tomorrow!

-John

Did you call? Did they help? GM Customer Service always seems to chime in on these threads and then no one ever reports if they got help from them.. Curious because they did the same thing to me and I was blown off because I was "out of Warranty" (wasn't expecting anything anyways)

Did you call? Did they help? GM Customer Service always seems to chime in on these threads and then no one ever reports if they got help from them.. Curious because they did the same thing to me and I was blown off because I was "out of Warranty" (wasn't expecting anything anyways)

I did call and all they could provide me with is the current map DVD ordering info. Not at all what I was looking for... :(

-John

I did call and all they could provide me with is the current map DVD ordering info. Not at all what I was looking for... :(

-John

were are you located. If you are in the north fl area you are nore than welcome to try my disc

As for firmware updates they are handled through the nav disc

were are you located. If you are in the north fl area you are nore than welcome to try my discAs for firmware updates they are handled through the nav disc

I appreciate the offer hzhardy but I'm in MN.

Thanks again,

-John

montyss,

I searched around in the menu and see nothing that relates to inserting the map disc or update map disc. The screen angle is adjustable but do not see where it may actually flip down. Also, there are 2 exposed/out in the open disc slots under the display screen, wouldnt 1 of them be for the map disc?

Thanks,

-John

Are you sure the nav system is factory and not aftermarket? I was not aware of the screen angle being adjustable on the OEM one ...

Archived