Running rough and cel and ck stabilitrac codes p0300 and p0455

Sbailey

Question

Get in my 2007 Silverado new body style with 113000 miles, tighten gas cap on dash, checked and was tight, got home and left an hour later with the cel light on and ck stabilitrac, have read other forums that also said reduced power, mine does not say that but does run rough, how does the throttle body have an affect on stabilitrac and traction control? I ask only because that was the cure on the forums that I read. Thanx for any help.

5 answers to this question

Get in my 2007 Silverado new body style with 113000 miles, tighten gas cap on dash, checked and was tight, got home and left an hour later with the cel light on and ck stabilitrac, have read other forums that also said reduced power, mine does not say that but does run rough, how does the throttle body have an affect on stabilitrac and traction control? I ask only because that was the cure on the forums that I read. Thanx for any help.

You are forgetting that the ecm is what controls that application of traction control and stabilitrack by changing timing, and cutting fuel/spark. Stabilitrack is also controlled by ecm and abs.

Have you tried disconnecting battery for a few minutes?

EVAP system has NOTHING to do with how the engine runs. That system is purely a government-mandated, feel-good gimmick designed to keep the treehuggers quiet, because they think it actually accomplishes something .... but I digress. The only thing that system accomplishes is the rapid exit of MONEY from your WALLET ....... but I digress yet again!

The multi-cylinder misfire has nothing to do with EVAP - you've got another issue there. Big air leak through intake gasket, vacuum leak, or any infinite number of failures of electronic gizmos on the engine ....

Bottom line is, some troubleshooting is in order.

Archived