Mr. Clean Autodry

Greg

I decided to try it on the cashmere CTS before risking it on the black vette or my son's indigo S-10. Good thing I did because after following all the directions, it left the CTS covered with waterspots. I may have a bad unit, because it didn't seem to use hardly any soap, even when set to the "bubble" setting. I going to send the unit back rather than try another one because it doesn't save any time over using the leaf blower to dry the car.

Wow I feel that mine worked great. I was expecting the results that you got but was very impressed with the final product. I had almost no water spots on the truck. I few passes with the towel took care of those guys. I am very impressed with mine. But a few freinds hate it, I wonder why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone can explain how this deal works, I haven't seen a complete commercial for it yet? Also, has anyone done their truck/car up when it's been really dirty? I'm pondering trying this a time or 2, but I want to be sure it'd be worth the money as my truck has been pretty dirty from winter salt and also construction dirt...gotta love a newer house in a new development :thumbs:

Anyone can explain how this deal works, I haven't seen a complete commercial for it yet? Also, has anyone done their truck/car up when it's been really dirty? I'm pondering trying this a time or 2, but I want to be sure it'd be worth the money as my truck has been pretty dirty from winter salt and also construction dirt...gotta love a newer house in a new development :thumbs:

mrclean1.jpg

This thing is awesome. It basically is a big hose attachment. It has a reservoir for the car wash soap and a replaceable water filter. It has three nozzles. One for regular water, one for soapy water and one for clean filtered water.

You basically hose down your car, swtich to soap and clean your car along with a cloth like you would normally. Once you have done that you switch back to water and rinse the soap off. Then you switch to filtered water and rinse it down again.

To say that I was amazed is an understatement. Washing my black burb is not easy but after rinsing, I left the truck wet (you are not supposed to dry the vehicle) and went inside. 30 mins later i came out and the truck was spotless.

Supposedly the soap has some kind of additive that causes water to sheet off the vehicle. With the filtered water, there are no water marks. I am going to try my regular brand of soap and see if it works as well. If i only have to buy the filters, it will work for me. Each filter supposedly lasts for 3 or 4 car washes. The filter has an indicator to warn that it is used up and they are $2-$3 each. The sopa is $5-$6 from Walmart and each bottle will do 6-8 washes.

I love it. I think the mistake that some people may make is twofold: 1...trying to rinse the car with the filtered water. The mist will not rinse the car, you need to rinse the car with the regular jet and then switch to filtered water when all the soap is gone. 2...not using a cloth. You are supposed to use a cloth during the soap stage - just like you would washing your car normally. This contraption will not remove the dirt for you!!

Wal Mart has the whole thing for under $19. I saw some scammer trying to sell it online for $54!!

Here's the official site. It will tell you more than my incessant babble: Mr Clean Autodry.

I tried it with regular carwash soap andthe results were still good but not as good as with the correct soap. The real stuff does have some kind of sheeting agent in it.

So it's off to WalMart for a refill.

I washed a black car and a white truck this morning with it. Some notes:

The starter soap and filter wont last long. Mr. Clean will make the profit in the resupply of these two items.

On the black car, I used it per the directions. It worked fine; the only places I had to touch were where the water pooled up.

On the truck, it earns it merit. A lot more acreage to cover and the chrome bumpers, big mirrors and areas around the vents were always hard to dry completely. Now they just evaporate.

On a dirty car or truck, wash it normally, then get out the filter kit for the final rinse. I did not see that their soap made a difference over Pep Boys soap.

The car has to be clean, so hand washing may still be required. It is not a touchless system, since the soap mode does not apply enough pressure.

Windy day, so the low pressure filter rinse was not efficient. I had to hold it very close. Almost like painting a car to get complete coverage.

Overall, good for quick washings and saves a lot of time on a big vehicle. On the truck, it dried quickly, but on the little car, I could have hand dried it in less time.

Archived