best lift kit for a truck

which 6" lift kit is best  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im trying to come to a conclusion to the lift kit i want done to my 2004 sierra and what ur guys opinion on whats best... i want a 6" lift kit so any opinions toward what is easier to install or the simpler to instal etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Best is obviously subjective. In my opinion the quality of the install itself is significantly more important than the lift itself. Pretty much all kits you buy these days are well made and have quality parts. I have a BDS lift on mine, others will say procomp or rancho. You would get too many different answers to be at all helpful.

When you start looking at lift kits, there are basically two kinds...ones that drop the front differential and ones that leave it in it's factory location. with IFS, if you don't drop the differential, then you run the risk of making the angle of your hlaf-axles to sharp and over stressing them. I reccomend a lift that drops the differential, and one that has less pieces and parts. All those pieces and parts have a greater chance of shifting over time. Also, when you look at lifting the rear, typically there are blocks and add a leafs. Blocks keep your ride close to the original, add a leafs tend to allow for more axle wrap and less stability.

When you start looking at lift kits, there are basically two kinds...ones that drop the front differential and ones that leave it in it's factory location. with IFS, if you don't drop the differential, then you run the risk of making the angle of your hlaf-axles to sharp and over stressing them. I reccomend a lift that drops the differential, and one that has less pieces and parts. All those pieces and parts have a greater chance of shifting over time. Also, when you look at lifting the rear, typically there are blocks and add a leafs. Blocks keep your ride close to the original, add a leafs tend to allow for more axle wrap and less stability.

Unless you get a "KEY" lift all suspension lifts drop the front diff . The difference is a spindle lift drops it typically only 4 inches with a 6 inch lift height on the suspension, and a full drop will drop the diff the fulll 6 inches .

I installed a 6" Trailmaster kit. Not loving it, not upset either. Most kits come with the blocks for the rear, and that's my biggest complaint. Makes the rear end move too much, and you need bars (see my new topic). I also had to max out the front springs just to clear the 35" tires. The kit said "minor front bumper trimming", which was the plastic on the bottom that holds the fog lights. I had to grind a bit of the metal on the inside as well, but I may have gotten tires too meaty, not sure. The install was harder than I thought, and required cutting and welding. Not exactly the "bolt on" they said it was. Next time, going Skyjacker.

I just got a new silverado 1500. Wanted to get some opinions...

I really would like to get maybe a 4in lift.. and put some 32" tires on. What companies would u suggest?

Also... I'm excited... I'm getting the GM Fender Flares next week! Screw getting the crappy after market ones.. these are much nicer. :D I have yet to see the 07s that have them on already.

anyways... any comments would be welcome!

Thanks!

Donnie

I have a 2004 Silverado Ext Cab Z71. When I lift mine I am going with the Superlift FIT kit. Why? I drive mine EVERYDAY, highway, backroads etc.. THis kit from my research and from folks that have put thousands of highway and offroad miles on their trucks have said nothing but rave reviews...the ONLY complaint I have heard...and you are going to think its crazy is....ready???? "I wish I could have gotten a bigger lift" Thats it.....

MY vote: Superlift FIT kit. Thats what I am going with.

The fit kit is a nice kit for sure , It is a spindle lift and when compared to other spindle kits it is the one to buy..

I personally prefer a full drop kit because C/V angles are left stock as well as control arm angles. And to get the full 6" there is no T/Bar cranking

• 1 month later...

vegas the truck looks awesome! I think thats what I want to do with mine too! What is the best lift for the NBS IFS? I would like to also put on 35's but also be able to be a good rideing daily driver and some highway driving....thanks

Archived