20's Or 22's

retoxtony

I'm thinking about a new set of wheels for my new truck. 09 GMC crewcab with the 6.2/6spd combo. I'm having a tough time deciding if i should go with 20's or step up to 22's. The truck came with 18's that i'm going to use in the winter months but i was thinking something bigger would be nice for summer. I've never had a truck with 20's or 22's so what can i expect when stepping up in size? I'm assuming i'll lose a few MPG and a bit of ride quality but how much?

I'm also wondering if anybody here swapped wheels but did not install pressure monitors in the new ones.

I've got the factory 20's w/ 33" cooper zeon ltz's ...nice ride ...my mileage is the same as my buddies with factory 18's.

22's look nice on some trucks...but less side wall sometimes is a detriment to ride quality and durability of the rim depending on what your local roads are like and what you run for tires etc,..

Thanks for the fast responses! I was kinda leaning towards the 20's anyways. I think the 22's would look ok but i love the way my truck rides and dont want to ruin it too much.

So if i cheap out and dont by new pressure sensors with the wheels am i going to have a constant warning on my dash or can i get rid of it somehow?

Thanks for the fast responses! I was kinda leaning towards the 20's anyways. I think the 22's would look ok but i love the way my truck rides and dont want to ruin it too much.

So if i cheap out and dont by new pressure sensors with the wheels am i going to have a constant warning on my dash or can i get rid of it somehow?

use your old ones

use your old ones

+1

Or don't cheap out.... you can buy 4 of those sensors off Ebay for $70-$80. (ive bought 3+ sets from there and have never gotten a bad sensor). When spending $1800+ for a wheel/tire setup, whats another $70 to have the pressure sensors work? Not to mention, if you run your stock set in the winter you wont have to worry about "not having sensors" AND if you sell your wheels/tires, having a complete mounted/balanced setup with sensors helps sell

Oh, and unless you're lowering it... go with 20s :thumbs:

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be going with 20's. The truck is going to stay stock height for now but i might level it in the future. So now a couple more questions for all of you.

What size tire should i get? 275/55 or something a little bigger or wider?

What kind of finish should i go with that will hold up ok to gravel roads?

Anyone know of a good place to buy wheels in Canada? Every place i look at seems way overpriced compared to the U.S.

Thanks.

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be going with 20's. The truck is going to stay stock height for now but i might level it in the future. So now a couple more questions for all of you.

What size tire should i get? 275/55 or something a little bigger or wider?

What kind of finish should i go with that will hold up ok to gravel roads?

Anyone know of a good place to buy wheels in Canada? Every place i look at seems way overpriced compared to the U.S.

Thanks.

Tirerack.com

Discounttire.com

Archived