Treadwright Tires

kawtoy_77

Personally I wouldn't run them on my daily driver, but certainly would consider them if I had a beater type truck that did alot of time off road. I did see a TV special about the re-tread process and there's no reason they wouldn't be a good tire with all the QC that goes into making them.

Certainly worth the cost savings for a trail rig in my book. Only thing I have against them is the appearance. :D

We have used them on our farm/hunting trucks in the past and had very good luck. I know a lot of large truck, drivers use them.

I personally would be a little hesitant on a daily driver. No pun intended, but there is a lot riding on your tires and just not a place where I try to save a lot of money.

But, like I said, we did have really good luck with them in the past.

I might only put 12,000 miles a year on it... Mostly I ride my motorcycle. I need an aggressive tire to get me through the backroads to work; about 26 miles of them. I don't wanna spend $230 a piece for BF Goodrich TA KO's... so you can see how 78.62/ea for an agreesively treaded all-terrain is tempting. I am just trying to research as much as possible before making a decision. I would really like some General Grabber AT 2's, but they are pricey too! (at least for my budget)

You could try some Steel Radial Sport Kings. They are cheap but good quality and even made by BFG. My dad had them on his 04 Duramax and like them before he went to Kumho's. Give them a look.

( I can't find a picture of them, but the tread looks similar to BFG A/T's. Most tires places carry them

You could try some Steel Radial Sport Kings. They are cheap but good quality and even made by BFG. My dad had them on his 04 Duramax and like them before he went to Kumho's. Give them a look.

( I can't find a picture of them, but the tread looks similar to BFG A/T's. Most tires places carry them

Cavalier Sport King Radials.... I found them. the cost about the same as the Grabber at2's, so I may just end up getting the grabbers, IDK? Thanks for the info though!

I might only put 12,000 miles a year on it... Mostly I ride my motorcycle. I need an aggressive tire to get me through the backroads to work; about 26 miles of them. I don't wanna spend $230 a piece for BF Goodrich TA KO's... so you can see how 78.62/ea for an agreesively treaded all-terrain is tempting. I am just trying to research as much as possible before making a decision. I would really like some General Grabber AT 2's, but they are pricey too! (at least for my budget)

I say go for it. Especially if you don't do a ton of Highway driving.

I have not read anything bad about them on any of the forums I visit. I have seen a couple sets locally. I was thrown off by the crazy tread on a BFG AT, till I figured out what it was. Sounds like the use the BFG AT carcass mostly, if not exclusively. I think it's a great idea, that has to be one of the toughest tires available.

People have been running retreads for decades. The DOT even allows them as steering tires on big rigs. The only place I know of that they are not legal is steering tires on buses. School and passenger. Retreads are legal on the drive tires of buses, even school buses. If they made a 255/85/16, I would have ordered a set for my backup plow truck already.

Archived