2009 Gmc Sierra... Bds 4 Inch Lift

Could you add 35's and trim the wheel wells to keep the front tires from rubbing? I want to add 35 x 13.5's, but I don't want to do a 6 inch lift. I want a 4 inch lift. I don't mind cutting the crap out of the inside of my wheel well to make it fit if needed.

The width and backspacing of the wheel along with the year model of the truck will be huge determining factors. But if you don't mind hacking up your truck, then you can probably make them fit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally, here is some pics with my 305 Mickey Thompson ATZ's on.... the back could definitely fit some 35's with this lift.

I think next I may do a 1.5' BL and throw the 35's on :thumbs:

TIRES1.jpg

TIRES5.jpg

Sorry to ask, but I'm stuck in the same spot. i looked at both of these lifts today. not sure what the 6 inch with 33's would look like, so im thinking the 4 inch with 33's. i didn't see you post up your fender measurements. what are they if you don't mind me asking?

Hey the truck looks great! Did you have any issues using your factory 18" wheels? I want to do the 6" BDS but want to use my factory 20" wheels on my 09 Silverado. I would think that if your factory wheels work on the 4" then they should work on the 6" BDS kit too? Thanks, and again the truck looks great!!

Finally, here is some pics with my 305 Mickey Thompson ATZ's on.... the back could definitely fit some 35's with this lift.

I think next I may do a 1.5' BL and throw the 35's on :D

TIRES1.jpg

TIRES5.jpg

Sorry to ask, but I'm stuck in the same spot. i looked at both of these lifts today. not sure what the 6 inch with 33's would look like, so im thinking the 4 inch with 33's. i didn't see you post up your fender measurements. what are they if you don't mind me asking?

If you're going with 33's,, do the 4 inch in my opinion. I almost feel like my 33's are too small for this 4 inch,, it seems like 35's could fit easily (in the back for sure)

If you're going with 33's,, do the 4 inch in my opinion. I almost feel like my 33's are too small for this 4 inch,, it seems like 35's could fit easily (in the back for sure)

35's will definately not fit without considerable trimming with the 4".

See post #32...Flyin6 had rubbing issues with 33's on the stockers with his 6".

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...l=bds&st=30

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Are those Mickey Thompson ATZ's competition for the Terra Grapplers or the Trail Grapplers?

I'm looking into this same 4" BDS lift on my 2011 Denali. Waiting to hear back from a local Driveline shop, but I spoke with BDS and they're confident that it can work.

I love the looks of this 4" lift.

Archived