2009 Silverado Door Movement Noise

New 2009 Silverado extended cab. When I dive on a mildly bumpy road the front doors creak not rattle. Sounds more like settlement. Had a 2008 before this and did not have this movement. My tires(stock) are slightly over inflated 40psi 245/75R17. Seems like front doors are not cushioned for the road shock.

I had the same problem took it to the dealer 2 times.. They ended up putting a no squeak tape made by 3m on the paint behind the top door seal. Fixed noise. There is a tsb for it

Thanks for the link. Here is another http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...ipping&st=0 . Have not tried this remedy, so don't know if it works. Will post results in the future.

I have been running high air pressure to improve MPG. Might be a bit too high because it makes for a rough ride.

• 1 year later...

where can i get all new weather stripping for a 2009 Silverado Extended cab?? Mine is doing the same "creaking" noise and i think i am just going to replace it. for one thing it is torn at the bottom on the drivers side. its like 140 bucks from the dealership was hoping somewhere else had it for cheaper????

Another place I find squeeks is where the inside door trim meets the side dash trim (removeable panels where fuses are on drivers side and nothing under panel on passengers side). When I gently push out on the door trim it goes away.

Anyone else have this noise?

Archived