Snow Plow On 1500 Crew

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Leveling kit on a plow rig??????????????

That ain't gonna help with a ground clearance issue. Ballast in the bed along

with a few turns of the t-bars will bring up the nose a bit.

I beg to differ...i put on a set of bilsteins and 1 inch bigger tires....raised the front end up quite a bit...clears the curbs and approaches perfect now.

DUH! Sure IF you want to MODIFY a truck for a plow....................

Sure .....run right out and spend $$$$$$$ STUPIDLY when installing a plow!

There is a correct way and a incorrect way.

I think you missed the OPs wants and intentions.

BTW: He posted TWO months ago....so your late to the party!

• 1 year later...

well here we are years later and all is still well with my truck i'm now at 124k miles and i had to do the front axles about a week ago. the truck pushes snow well and has no problems with the Western HTS and 2 inch level. i just threw the plow on last week to make sure she is ready for yet another season of white stuff. if you are local and want to see the setup let me know.

there is one problem that i do get when the blade is on that is common to all gm trucks because of where the temp sensor is located. if you drive with plow up the air behind the blade becomes very hot and the exterior temp sensor thinks it is summer outside and your cabin heat with electronic control will not be as hot as the sensor starts to climb. easy solution is to drop the blade as low as you can or simply stop for a minute and let the outside air cool of the sensor again.

Archived