2005 Yukon Rear Wheeling Bearing

iam4uf

Question

Hi, I have a 2005 Yukon XL with 80,000 miles. I went to the service garage for a tire rotation and they told me that I need the left rear wheel bearing and axle seal replaced. He should me oil on the back tire. He gave me a quote of $600 for both side. I am a shade tree mechanic and was wondering if this is hard to replace. Thanks in advance.

By the way, here is what the ship stated I needed:

DK59047 Rear Wheel Bearin

16146 Rear Wheel Seal.

0 answers to this question

Hi, I have a 2005 Yukon XL with 80,000 miles. I went to the service garage for a tire rotation and they told me that I need the left rear wheel bearing and axle seal replaced. He should me oil on the back tire. He gave me a quote of $600 for both side. I am a shade tree mechanic and was wondering if this is hard to replace. Thanks in advance.

By the way, here is what the ship stated I needed:

DK59047 Rear Wheel Bearin

16146 Rear Wheel Seal.

Not hard to replace at all, if you can knock a bearing and a seal out a housing with a screwdriver and a hammer and then tap em' back in. You SHOULD be able to buy the bearings and seals for less than $150, unless you go with gm parts, then they'll run around $300 or more(just for the GM name, quality will be the same). As long as the bearings are made by timken or koyo, they'll be alright.

They quoted me $95.45 each for the Wheel bearing and $19.04 for the seal. I think I will give it a shot. Hopefully it wont be that hard to do.

That's a ton cheaper than $600! You're a man, you can do it! If in doubt, you can keep thinking of that statement. :troll:

They quoted me $95.45 each for the Wheel bearing and $19.04 for the seal. I think I will give it a shot. Hopefully it wont be that hard to do.

That's a ton cheaper than $600! You're a man, you can do it! If in doubt, you can keep thinking of that statement. :troll:

+1

The parts place was asking me what type of axle I have. I have no idea. Do you know how to find out. The only info on the pumpkin is 8857 and a stamp of PG2. Thanks

Look in your glove box at the codes and post me all the codes that start with a g. Also count the amount of bolts on your rear end dif cover.

Archived