11.8 Mpg

Seems a little low to me. Even if I'm assuming you're driving in town and driving moderately aggressive. :D

Now if you are talking E85, that's about what my truck will do in town, with the E85 and driving moderately aggressive. I have a GMT900 1500 Silverado Crew Cab 4WD with 3.73 rear.

But with 'normal gas' I get better, 14 if I'm only driving in town. Maybe someone with 4.10's will chime in here.

MPG off the DIC!, don't know if I can reset it.. 20" tire is stock, 95% city normal driving, NO E85, this what I have always read through the DIC since zero.

Catback & the MIT tube are the only MODs so far and have not affected MPG..

The DIC reading is accurate because i did a manual calculation to check..

Thanks!

I'm with the others there, your MPG seems pretty low unless you got your foot in the floor.

I have a 2010 CC 4x4 with the 6.2 liter and 3.73 gearing.

600 mile trip, average 78 mph, 16.9 MPG

110 mile trip, cruise set on 70mph, 17.9 MPG

And I average 14.5 MPG in town driving. I dont keep my foot in the floor, but I dont baby it either!

That's pretty bad in my opinion. I get 11-12.5 out my '06 CC 2500. If you're not figuring out your mileage by hand then your actual mileage is lower than what the DIC says it is. MY DIC is always .5-1.5 higher than what I am actually getting it when I hand calculate.

With more city than highway I'm at about 13.5 mpg and a even mix I get about 15 mpg and mainly highway I'm at 17 mpg. I just moved and now it's all pretty much strictly city so I'm down to 12 mpg, but it's only been 2 tanks so I'm not sure. I've got a 4.8 with 4 speed and 3:42, so I might start considering gears now.

Archived