E85 Users...

For those who just ain't convinced yet: even with a 15% drop in MPG (versus gasoline), E85 is still a better choice for America because it's locally-made and burns much cleaner.

Ethanol as E85 is the only Alternative fuel where Americans in over 1688 Cities actually have a CHOICE at the pump. E85 ethanol competing against gasoline brings competition lowering fuel costs for all Americans.

Visit this site and check out current E85 price trends by state, verify or rebuke E85 rumors, check fuel cost-per-mile, review and share prices at local stations, swap stories and more. I'm not affiliated...just a fan!

E85 is not the answer, IMO. It's doesn't belong in an engine, IMO. We could be running vehicles with hydrogen wich can be made out of water, and it leaves NO emissions. And e15 is just stupid, has absolutely no benefit at all.

AGREED........AGREED.......AGREED.......AGREED......I have a 2010 GMC Sierra "All-Terrain" SLT and run shell 93 octane, none of the E85 crap, even though it can run on it. Thats my two cents worth.

Glad to hear, more for me then :)Low demand = cheaper price WOOHOO keep drinking the koolaid

which truck are you running it in? And what MPG are you getting?

I have been thinking about trying it out in the Tahoe.

I run it 95% in my truck and switch off in Tahoe about 50-50

Truck I get 11-13 (75% city) and Tahoe I get 13-14 (75% city)

for comparisons sake I used to get 12 mpg on regular gas in my 2000 5.3

That is what I am getting out of my tahoe right now. I might have to fill up with that on my next tank full to compare.

Have you noticed any ill affects from running it?

I've run a few tanks of it in the Avalanche, and I can't tell a difference in the running of it. But I do notice that I have to fill up a little more often (I generally don't keep track of mileage though).

Pretty much the only thing E85 has going for it in my book is...Well...If you tune for it and have the fuel system to back it up, you can get loads more power out of it. Especially on forced induction :jester:

E85 is not the answer, IMO. It's doesn't belong in an engine, IMO. We could be running vehicles with hydrogen wich can be made out of water, and it leaves NO emissions. And e15 is just stupid, has absolutely no benefit at all.

I agree hydrogen would be better, but it's not available for trucks yet, so I run E85 fuel 99% of the time.

I'd get about 11mpg E85 on my truck, and 13-14 with regular gas :jester:

Alcohol is a performance fuel.....funny cars, and top fuel dragsters run on alcohol. However, they are not looking for mileage at the strip. E15 is stupid, but I think there is a place for E85. If you want to run Hydrogen, then run Hydrogen the technology is out there. 2 wheel tuner mag did an article on a Derby City Customs Kawasaki ZX10R that makes 179 Horsepower, and gets 55 mpg's!

Here is the link:

http://motorcyclist.automotive.com/118308/...-10r/index.html

Don't tempt me, I had an HHO generator in my truck once. But then I took it out to play with some of the hydrogen it makes, and I didn't use a bubbler when I was filling these balloon with hydrogen. And I started playing with the stream of hydrogen coming out seeing if it would light and it blew up in my face, I'm lucky that no shrapnel cut me up, but it demolished the tank I was using.

Archived