Spark Plugs, Helps Out Mpg?

Can a new set of spark plugs really help out mpg?

I have seen on autoanything.com the spark plug: Pulstar ECO-MPG series, which claims to help out with mpg, and I am in need of new spark plugs would these be worth buying or can someone help me out on my next set of spark plugs that would be worth it.

Thanks,

God Bless

I have seen on autoanything.com the spark plug: Pulstar ECO-MPG series, which claims to help out with mpg, and I am in need of new spark plugs would these be worth buying or can someone help me out on my next set of spark plugs that would be worth it.

Thanks,

God Bless

Their premise of giving you better mileage would be that the plugs burn more the fuel more efficiently, leaving less wasted fuel, but I don't know if you would actually see a dramatic improvement using that brand over another. Any new spark plugs will do a better job than the old ones that you have currently in there. Maybe you could try them out and see if they really do work that good and report back. I use Bosch Platinum +4 plugs in my 5.3L and I love them; they work pretty good.

Thanks,

God Bless

FWIW, I saw a segment on HorsePower TV where they dyno tested a fairly neww engine with stock plugs multiple times and then repeated the the same testing with the new e3 sparkplugs and the dyno did show noticable performance gains using the e3 plugs. I can't remeber where most of the performance gains were made over the RPM range of the engines dyno test, so your performance gains maybe different. I say this because if most of the performance gains were found in the upper RPM range, then you may not benefit unless you drive in that same rpm range. But let me say again that I don't recall the dyno results, so they may very well deliver performance gains accross the entire rpm range. The e3 plugs are quite expensive compared to the stock plugs though.

If something as simple and cheap as a spark plug could gain MPG or HP OEMs would be all over it.

Besides the truck I play with a street/strip car and EVERYONE I know who knows anything about making HP uses cheap copper plugs in their street/strip cars because things like platinum and iridium only help reduce gap erosion prolonging plug life, has noting to do with power or efficiency, but fresh plugs will make more power than old ones. That is why people swear the expensive plugs they buy made more power.

because things like platinum and iridium only help reduce gap erosion prolonging plug life, has noting to do with power or efficiency, but fresh plugs will make more power than old ones. That is why people swear the expensive plugs they buy made more power.

x100000

Well said :thumbs:

As for the Horsepower-TV test... i'll wait until I see a test by someone who isn't sponsored by E3: http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.ph...ferred-partners

For what it is worth...I ran a set of E3 plugs in my 07 4.L with fairly good results. After about 20,000 miles or so they started misfiring on me. When I pulled them, one center electrode was about 1/2 it's original length. After that I did A LOT of research on various truck sites with result the result that I'm back to OEM AC Delco's.

Archived