GMVIS

speedtype

Question

I've put in a request with my local dealer and haven't gotten a response. I wasn't sure how far back the GMVIS database goes. Can anyone find out anything about VIN# 1GCGC33M1BB102954. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out which transmission is supposed to be in this truck. Thanks in advance . . New member by the way ~ : O )

6 answers to this question

Sorry guys / or possibly gals . . been away from the computer today, actually getting my hands dirty. It's a manual 4 speed. L, 1, 2, 3, R. Went by the local dealer the other day, they're showing 2 options in this configuration. To be honest with you, after ten years of a power steering leak, I can't see any bolts on the transmission. Kind of embarrassing, but I haven't had to do anything but drive and work this truck. Fixed the power steering today, so on the rack tomorrow with some heavy pressure washing. Thanks for the replies, and if anyone knows an easy way to tell these transmission apart, it could prove to be helpful. The whole reasoning behind this is to get my seals in order to replace, as I'm sure some leakage is sure to be something other than power steering fluid.

Archived