Lift and tires killed my mileage and performance

Aristone

No chip, what you need is a custom tune or some type of handheld programmer. It may not be as bad as you think. If your computers not programmed for the proper tire size, it throw off your mileage/speedo and shift points.

Blackbear performance is where I'd start :thumbs:

I agree with the others on BB being the way to go.

And the lift didn't hurt anything, it's just the tires. It's amazing what the difference is from a 33" to 35" tire mileage wise

And the lift didn't hurt anything, it's just the tires. It's amazing what the difference is from a 33" to 35" tire mileage wise

I plan on a regear to 4:10, But with other needs I dont have over $1500 laying around for the regear right now.Is the BB tuner something I can just buy or would I hae to go to a speciality shop? Any idea on what something like that runs ( cost)?

I plan on a regear to 4:10, But with other needs I dont have over $1500 laying around for the regear right now.Is the BB tuner something I can just buy or would I hae to go to a speciality shop? Any idea on what something like that runs ( cost)?

you can purchase a few different options. Check out their website blackbearperformance.com they are a sponsor here you could also click on their logo around the site :thumbs:

I did a traditional tune on my '08 and loved it. Now on the '10 I got the Autocal and I swear by it

Black tune is done either by attending a in person tune by Jason when one comes near you or you can get their autocal handheld tuner.

:lol: he means a BLACKBEAR TUNE by JUSTIN :thumbs:

the lift hurt mileage for sure. you make the truck taller, its not an even bigger wall being pushed through the air. same with the tires, more weight, more rolling resistance, and itll again raise the truck making it an even bigger wall than the lift did. try driving slower itll help, get the tune done and like the others said gear it

get him to give you a generic tune and enjoy that. i did a generic tune through trifecta with my truck, i datalogged and sent him the files. i had him adjust the tranny a little for me to make it shift harder. once he reads the logs maybe he'll be able to send me a tune to make even more power.

It you're looking for good mileage with a lift and big tires, you're SOL. A lift WILL decrease mileage some, greater angles on drivelines and slightly more air resistance on underdody. Tires hurt a lot though. A 4:10 regear helps quite a bit, but helps driveability more than anything. You can't expect near as good of mileage with tires that weigh 3 or 4 times a normal sized lighter tire.

Archived