87 cheaper than E85

i just finished running a tank a bit of e85 through the truck. e85 was 3.17, 87 was 3.67, 93 was 3.87. ill be going back to 93 i think. the e85 doesnt last very long in these trucks. feels like im gonna get about 100 miles less or so to the tank. not worth running

You typically get 25% less power/MPG. It's another silly idea like CFL's. Both are NFG, yet somehow got gov't approval, and marketed that "you'll save the planet by using it".

What if you get 25% less mileage but it costs 30% less? :dunno:

Would you buy a fuel that cost 30% more than gasoline but only gives you 25% more miles? If so, I have a business opportunity for you . . . :jester:

Most here buy E85 for the power gain. I know I'm not horribly worried about fuel useage.

Yeh, but you don't get the power gains on a stock truck without boost. Again, another GM spec manipulation.

All E85 gets you is less greenhouse gass emissions (which is good), and a LOT less money in your pocket (which is bad).

Yeh, but you don't get the power gains on a stock truck without boost. Again, another GM spec manipulation.

All E85 gets you is less greenhouse gass emissions (which is good), and a LOT less money in your pocket (which is bad).

That would be wrong. The truck makes 10 more horsepower on E85 with the stock tune. That is per GM specs on the truck (5.3 Flex Fuel).

i just finished running a tank a bit of e85 through the truck. e85 was 3.17, 87 was 3.67, 93 was 3.87. ill be going back to 93 i think. the e85 doesnt last very long in these trucks. feels like im gonna get about 100 miles less or so to the tank. not worth running

You typically get 25% less power/MPG. It's another silly idea like CFL's. Both are NFG, yet somehow got gov't approval, and marketed that "you'll save the planet by using it".

What if you get 25% less mileage but it costs 30% less? :dunno:

Would you buy a fuel that cost 30% more than gasoline but only gives you 25% more miles? If so, I have a business opportunity for you . . . :jester:

Most here buy E85 for the power gain. I know I'm not horribly worried about fuel useage.

I don't burn it as much anymore. But I'm just saying I get worse mileage, but it's enough of a cost saving to justify. :driving:

Archived