Monkey See Monkey Do

In this culture of copying each other's products, I hope GM doesn't adopt the tailgate step/handle that Ford has. I saw a friend's parents' F150 last summer & wasn't impressed. The addition of this "feature" basically eliminates the use of the tailgate as a workbench. Many times, I've worked on my chainsaw when in the bush using the tailgate.

I added this (photo attached). Dont care what people say I can jump up and down pretty easily (only 32 y.o.) but try it when its cold and rainy outside and there isnt alot of room because you are hauling stuff with the tailgate down. I damn near killed myself by falling off my tailgate 2 yrs ago during a snow storm and undloading our luggae after traveling for xmas. Personally I think its a good feature.

DSC03479.JPG

DSC03479.JPG

DSC03479.JPG

DSC03479.JPG

I have a new 2011, hauling stuff for the 1st time last weekend, i steped on the the edge of the bumper and i am not inpressed that it moved so much under my weight (250lbs)

I added this (photo attached). Dont care what people say I can jump up and down pretty easily (only 32 y.o.) but try it when its cold and rainy outside and there isnt alot of room because you are hauling stuff with the tailgate down. I damn near killed myself by falling off my tailgate 2 yrs ago during a snow storm and undloading our luggae after traveling for xmas. Personally I think its a good feature.

Who makes that? It looks pretty neat. My dad was looking for something to help get into the bed of his dually.

In this culture of copying each other's products, I hope GM doesn't adopt the tailgate step/handle that Ford has. I saw a friend's parents' F150 last summer & wasn't impressed. The addition of this "feature" basically eliminates the use of the tailgate as a workbench. Many times, I've worked on my chainsaw when in the bush using the tailgate.

I agree with you about loosing the tailgate use as a "workbench". I often use the tailgate as a seat or a place to work but with th shape of the tailgate on the Fords with the step it limits the amount you can do on it. I do like the side steps hat they have because the new beds are so high that it is difficult getting something in or out of the bed without rubbing up against the side of the truck.

Ryan, I've seen aftermarket steps that go into the hitch receiver as well.

ryan your set up isen't bad...the man step on the fords makes the tailgate useless as far as a table or workbench or whatever...i myself like the simplicity of just a good ol tailgate though, if i need to get in my bed when its full i just climb up one of the rear tires

Archived