Spacers for Rubbing?

a42887

Does anyone know of some spacers that could take care of this problem? This is the only point it rubs, and does so on both sides evenly.

IMG_0317l1jfu.JPG

This only happens at full lock (it rubs so little that I had to have someone hold the wheel at full lock for the photo because the normal slack in the wheel that happens when you let go after cranking to a full lock moved the tire away enough for it not to rub). I don't go to full lock often, but with my wife driving the truck, I'd rather eliminate all possibilities of failure.

It's really odd that they rub anyways, because everyone I've heard talk about 285/70R17 tires and a leveling kit said they don't rub at all. I think I'm stuck with the spacers.

You're right, most 285's don't rub with a leveling kit. You must have aftermarket rims with a unique offset/backspacing.

Nope, factory 6-Spoke wheels. That's whats so odd.

IMG_0330ltm50.JPG

I would think they might run more running the tire on a stock wheel versus an aftermarket with an offset that would push the wheel/tire out a bit more keeping it from rubbing. I maybe wrong tho.

I would think they might run more running the tire on a stock wheel versus an aftermarket with an offset that would push the wheel/tire out a bit more keeping it from rubbing. I maybe wrong tho.

if the wheel is offset outwards, yes it would help that problem. problem is, aftermarket wheels come in literally any offset/size/width combo you can imagine.

Archived