Speculating Truck mods

I have a 2007 5.3L Z71 4x4 Silverado 1500. It's black. I have a black Chevrolet emblem in the front and back. Black brush guard. Step rails. Subs. A pa system. Black toolbox.

The main reason I am starting this is because I want to figure out some different thins I might like to add to my truck. Things I have thought about include: black rims, exhaust kits, CAI, interior glow, changing lighting in the gauges, maybe upgrading headlights to some black projector lights, figuring out a way to put a small monitor in the car and stream my Netflix iPhone app to the screen. The list goes on.

I just want to hear some ideas and their benefits, whether that be aestethtic or performance. There is no specificity in what I am asking for. Just ideas.

Thanks.

exhaust, then get a tune...if you are not going to tune it, exhaust will generate sound with minimal power gains...CAI are a waste of money as the stock filter and intake sucks more then enough air

the rest of that stuff, i have no idea about...seems like alot of work

@jro909 So you don't think CAI does anything extra?

@SouthCo I'll put some pics on here, and I have stock 18in rims. They are just the standard ones with the emblem in the middle.

A CAI is kind of like a supporting mod. It doesn't really add anything astonishing by itself, but when you add it to headers, cat back, and tune, it does indeed make a difference.

A lift or a leveling? and the lower air dam is the black piece below the bumper? That won't cause any problems if I take it off, will it?

no issues at all and will look better

There lies the next question. How am I to go about removing it, and what height lift? I was thinking a 5 1/2 inch rough country suspension lift. That wouldn't be bad I don't think. And I used to have some Interco tires that had M16 bullets all around. I might get some more. Check them out at their website.

Archived