Right corner brace under hood

When you say right corner are you talking about the passenger side? My 2010 1500 has the battery under a brace near the firewall on the passenger side. Maybe the clearance on the GMT800's are different. It was an option to have a 2nd battery on the driver side near the grill (I may add it some day with the help of thread on this forum).

Oh and I'd say it's necessary too.

When you say right corner are you talking about the passenger side? My 2010 1500 has the battery under a brace near the firewall on the passenger side. Maybe the clearance on the GMT800's are different. It was an option to have a 2nd battery on the driver side near the grill (I may add it some day with the help of thread on this forum).

Oh and I'd say it's necessary too.

Yes, passenger side at the firewall.

There is absolutely nowhere else to fit a battery in the engine compartment.

My '05 2500HD has dual batteries (gasser option TP2) and there is no corner brace.

DEWFPO

Not sure, but I think I saw some pictures of your engine compartment recently on some thread. Whoever it was, that's the reason for this thread.

• 1 month later...

I installed a second battery in a 2005 2500 gas engined GMC. I removed the corner brace, installed the battery tray and battery, and then reinstalled the corner brace.

The diesel trucks of the same year did not have the corner brace, but since GM saw fit to install the corner brace into the rest of the trucks and SUV's, including mine, I went ahead and reinstalled it.

Most people will report that the brace will not clear the newly installed auxiliary battery, and they are correct. The brace must be slightly modified in order to refit. I posted pictures about 4 years ago when I did it. I don't know where those pictures are now. But it can be done.

Can't figure why the 3/4 ton trucks have enough room.

Prob. because the 2500/3500 frame is different (taller) than the 1/2 frame and the body must sit differently

(higher?) on the frame so then there is more room for the brace to sit OVER the 2nd battery ??????

Some posts here are partially correct, some are not. the metal brace that is in the way was put there since the metal battery tray was not installed. the metal battery tray actually ties in the firewall the the fender. the additional structural support is not required after installation of the OEM metal battery tray.

I had the metal brace from the factory on my truck and had the same concern. tested the integrity after removing the brace and with the metal battery tray (OEM) installed. the fender did not bulge. installed the new battery and tossed the brace in the garage. Reinstallation of the brace is not required.

If you want photos, i can show em.

My dealer told me the 2500 has the same frame as the 1500 CC. LOL

lol dealers if they keep talking like that will lose all the face value with the public. I had a tow dealer tell me that my truck can tow x amount of weight and I laughed at him and told him he was full of sh BEEEP t it was way to much weight and said never treat a customer like a fool and then I walked out and went to a different place to get the work done. Dealer ships lie and talk fast if they dont know what they are talking about or they say something you want to hear. I try to educate myself the best I can before I go to the dealer .

Archived